Cleaning Schedule | Pad Patter 6.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I use to clean the whole house in one day, do laundry in 2 days and go to the grocery store/run errands another day. That was before 7 kids. LOL! Now I do laundry every day. Monday is bathrooms. Tuesday is dusting and floors. Wednesday is deep cleaning kitchen (sort of - just try to do a thorough job of wiping down counters, appliances, fridge), Thursday is putting all the laundry away and then Friday is sort of the catch-up planning day. We have clutter pick up a couple of times a day. I usually end up going full grocery shopping on Saturday and doing little trips throughout the week. All of my kids help out and usually, these tasks take less than an hour.

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

You mean I am supposed to have a schedule???

I do laundry every Monday, but that is about it for scheduling.... Otherwise, I am "if it looks dirty" then I clean it.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  3. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I am a fly by seat of my pants girl; I clean as needed. Luckily my house is all hardwood and my little BeBop (robot floor cleaner) keeps all the bits picked up.

I wipe/swish every morning before work so overall it stays pretty clean and since just hubby and I there is not alot of messes.

4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Its just hubby and I here now so we clean as needed. I try to do one thing every day so the house is never a total mess.

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm a bit sporadic, it used to be mon\tues & then again fri\sat morning before DH's sat arvo family visits but their renovation project finished so they aren't all coming here for get togethers now so the end of week isn't so pressing -phew!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

When Dick and I got married (17 yrs ago) neither of us were young and both of us worked full time. It didn't take me long to realize we had VERY different standards of cleanliness so after quite a few arguments and a lot of resentment on both our parts - I thought he was a thoughtless slob and he felt I had 'rules' about how clean everything needed to be and when something had to change. Having lived in so many 3rd world countries, I don't even think about germs! We finally got a housecleaner come in every other week. It truly saved our sanity and maybe the marriage.

I never had to clean until I was divorced in 86 and am more of a straighten up-er. I like to cook and do all our cooking but that agreement was based on Dick's cleaning up the kitchen afterwards, incl dishwasher duty and packing leftovers. I quickly learned that he does not see dirt and sees no reason that anything should be hand washed. So I learned the hard way to put what I want hand washed - best post and my knives - aside for me to wash. I also clean & shine the kitchen sink after he's out of the kitchen. Again, I learned the hard way about that.

Otherwise, we really don't make much dirt and while I may Swiffer the downstairs wood floors every other week, it depends on what tree or bamboo is shedding outside. Kitchen crumbs? I have a small oriental soft broom that I use with a dustpan and brush. We each have a bathroom and I do clean mine a couple times a week but his? not so much. I do the FlyLady 'swish and swipe' and I'm good. People can come over any time and I'm ok.

Laundry? we have an Asco stackable pair outside our upstairs bathroom and my studio. I almost always do a load a day and a lot of the year, I hang clothes etc outside.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I've tried so many times to get on a clean schedule, but just like my life, I don't like schedules and have a hard time sticking to them and then nothing gets done because of the pressure!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Schedule? Nah... if it's dirty, I clean it. I do laundry, try to do a load a day, and not on the weekends, lol! Plus, the kids help. If we are cleaning, it usually ends up being a Saturday morning thing, and all of us are involved. The boys get one bathroom, I get the other, someone dusts, someone disinfects/wpies, rotate vacuuming rooms, and whatever else needs to be done. I'm a neat freak, so usually the cleaning isn't horrible. I repeatedly tell my family that I am not their maid, and they have to help.

We have had a cleaning lady in the past, cut that short when Peter was on strike for awhile, but just started again about 2 weeks ago. It is our Mother's Day/Father's Day.... and Family gift to us all, lol! It's so nice coming home to a clean house that smells wonderful!

9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Ok, ladies, don’t hate me! Thursday is my cleaning day. I write a check for $95.01 and 2 lovely people come into my house every other week to clean it. They are done on ONE hour!! It’s a pretty big house - 4B/2.5 baths, living room, family room, kitchen, dining room, and a finished basement. I could never clean it that quickly.