Cleaning Schedule | Pad Patter 6.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 10, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm a little late in posting this today but I have been cleaning house alllll day, and catching up on laundry! The last week has been beyond crazy with the end of the school year stuff and baseball and dance recitals.

Last week, I had a clean car and today a clean house. I usually do it on Saturdays, but yesterday I was wiped out and had to run around all evening so I chilled most of the day. So that got me wondering... I know that some people clean like a room a day, or some other schedule. I pick up through the week, but then I have one day where I clean top to bottom including bathrooms, floors, etc. I just like the feeling of having the whole house clean at one time.

Do you have a cleaning day? Or do you spread it out?

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Hmm, I think I have both lol. :) I do laundry throughout the week--because if I keep it for one day, then I end up with the Laundry Himalayas and that's not cool. I do towels and sheets on Sundays; otherwise I spread out loads of laundry as they become full. But...I still end up doing like 5 loads on Sundays. Oh well. It's still better than doing 10 or 12 on Sunday and wanting to scream at the mountain of laundry lol!
    But I vacuum and clean bathrooms on Mondays. That's my set day for those tasks. I used to do bathrooms on Fridays while I listened to a fave podcast but the kids make such a mess that it makes more sense to clean after the weekend. (And I still listen to podcasts while cleaning bathrooms, so at least the task seems less boring!) DH cleans floors after I clean bathrooms, and he likes to do them on Monday nights, so I guess that's why I have started doing the day on Monday.
    Now as for dusting...I do that as infrequently as possible, so IDK if you can say I have a "set day" but I do try to do it about once a week. But... I don't do the whole house at once. I just can't cuz it's so darn boring!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

It's Mondays for me during the summer, mainly because DH is at work and not under my feet when I'm doing things LOL
    I usually do a little laundry here and there through the week. When there were 5 of us here, I was doing 2 loads a day and still catching up on weekends. Now, I do a load every other day, unless it's a crazy busy week like this last one.

Tree City likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

There are only 4 of us here, but I still feel like I do at least 2 loads a day during the week plus all the weekend loads. I think the problem is that DH has to "dress up" for work but he changes out of work clothes the moment he's home, plus he has his workout wear and his "nice enough for dates or seeing friends" clothes lol. I swear he wears more clothes than I do! If I hadn't somehow dripped my s'more marshmallow on my pants tonight, then I would have worn them tomorrow too rofl!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

No set day. Laundry is as needed. I do try to keep the house neat and tidy on a daily basis. Deep cleaning is when I feel like it!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

So funny you should ask this! My mom picked up a book from the Goodwill last week, and it had household hints and ideas in it. On the part about cleaning it basically said that you should decide what clean is to you and then build your cleaning around that. I mean, my clean and someone else's clean are going to be something totally different.

My favorite part, though, was when it said that you should clean when something is dirty, not just because it's time to clean. I'm totally on board with that. Well, except for the bathrooms. Even if they don't look dirty, there are way too many invisible germs in there for my liking to just clean it when it looks dirty. LOL

Right now, Olivia is doing a lot of the cleaning, but Jay has given me the green light to hire a cleaner for the floors and bathrooms and deeper cleaning jobs, like fans, windows, etc. I have a lot of collectibles and such, so I'd rather do my own dusting.

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

I'm on board with that, too!! My only problem is that my house is kind of small, so everything gets dirty all the time haha. But I totally agree on the bathroom!
    Clean to me is usually dust, vacuum, mop, bathrooms, and stuff put in it's place (I hate clutter). But I am taking this first week of summer break to deep clean all the rooms, one room a day, windows, walls, closets, everything. It's way over due!

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We try to clean as we go. I remember that all the years I worked, I cleaned on Thursday night. That way, my house was clean for the weekend. The laundry though - I always say we have invisible people living here. We have so much laundry. LOL

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

My standard cleaning days are Thrurday and Monday. I dust, vacuum, do the bathrooms and the kitchen counters. This way I have the house clean (sort of...) for the weekend and after the weekend. Laundry as soon as they become full (like 4 loads per week). My least favorite chore is windows: I feel clean windows are some kind of "magnet" for dirty toddler hands!

IntenseMagic and cfile like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

no cleaning schedule here... even with being retired I save things for the weekend re grocery and laundry.... yesterday I did everything... went grocery at 7am got home at 8 started laundry, ran out again with Hubby at 11 to a store came home fixed lunch and then cleaned the house... did 3 loads including sheets for the bed cleaned the house and all done by 4:30... all with a bad lower back. I suffer from lower back issues and this last week it has been horrendous. Anyway between that other things going on with family health issues, it has been a rough few weeks.

11. IntenseMagic

Yes!! When my kids were little I used to say that I will miss them when they are grown for lots of reasons, but I will not miss these hand prints everywhere LOL

Ugh the laundry!! It's that one thing that is never done! You think you're done, and then bam...someone changes clothes!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

I still haven't done groceries for the week. The cupboards are bare.
    So sorry you're having a rough time! I hope that your back and the other health issues improve. Thoughts and prayers for you and and your family.

cfile likes this.
  13. cfile

Thank you @IntenseMagic Jan. Our cupboards were bare.. LOL! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. My Aunt is now in a rehab facility in TX so all I can do is keep calling to check on her. For me, I will be ok.. I just have to be careful... every morning I am icing and all throughout the day I ice when I am sitting. I try and walk too.. this morning the walk seemed to be ok .. maybe because of all of the rain overnight it seems better today.. Thanks again my dear. I try not to discuss my issues. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.. Fill your cupboards :) Hugs!

14. HavaDrPepper

I hear you on the lower back issues. I have that as well. Because of that I cannot clean the whole house in the same day. Even changing sheets on the bed is a real chore for me and I have to sit down and rest before moving on to something else. I miss my cleaning lady! I had her stop last summer when I was doing the remodeling and when I was ready to start her back up again, she informed me that her husband wanted her to retire. She compromised and cut back on the number of clients so I was out. She only came once a month anyways. I just haven't found someone to do the dusting/mopping/bathroom cleaning that she did so I try to do what I can.

Since being retired I have found that I prefer the grocery shopping during the week in the mornings. Not as busy and I can get in and get out quickly. I avoid the stores on weekends and let those that can only do their errands on those days go then!

cfile likes this.
  15. cfile

I agree Renee... sorry you have the lower back issues too.. Feel better my dear and I hope you can find another cleaning woman. Re the grocery during the week, I get that.. I just go at o dark 30 on Sunday when the store is empty! :) I go around 6:30 or 7am and no one is there since they all were up too late on Saturday :)

16. HavaDrPepper

I don't function well at dark 30! Although I am awake most days. Takes my body a couple of hours to "warm up". I find that shopping about 9 on a Tuesday or Thursday is the best time. No waiting in the checkout line and my main grocery is Wal-Mart.

I just have to remember to wear my OTC back brace when I do lift things or clean. That helps a lot. Frequent chiro visits also help as well.

cfile likes this.
  17. cfile

Ha ha I also shop for groceries mainly at Walmart. I only go elsewhere if they are out of something! I agree re a back brace helping. I am not that far along with the pain.. I have good and bad days. Feel better!

18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It is never done! Our thing is towels. I always say "we're awfully dirty or awfully clean". Haha

19. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I work tuesdays & wednesdays- so I like to do laundry on Mondays & thursdays and then clean whatever needed those days. I like to do bathrooms on Fridays. Just me- no particular reason. I also run our little robot vacuum every day I'm home (sometimes robbie gets run on my work days- but not always). I'm a type-A planny plannerson, so I like to keep a schedule! :)

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I agree. I'm not gonna clean just because the calendar says it's time to clean. I only clean if it's dirty, but I usually pick up clutter every day and my OCD kicks in and I have to clean really good. I usually clean hard on Mondays to dig out after the weekend, but today DD got her wisdom teeth out, so I won't get out the vacuum and make a lot of noise. I like to do the laundry on Friday and hit the high spots again so we go into the weekend clean. I try to keep the weekends free of housework because of kids' sports, but most of the time things (mainly laundry) get strung out to Saturday too.