Changing the Name of an Action

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by cookingmylife, Feb 3, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I don't think I have ever done this but I've meant to because I want to clean up my actions and have them in a better list - like either alphabetically or by those I use the most.

I'm in PSE13 on a Mac.

Anyone with experience here in renaming? it's mainly Mommyish's template maker that I'd like to put Leah or MMY or something at the start of the name.

tia!

2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't know what PSE is like but in PS I just have to open the action palette and then hover over the name and click, then it changes the name to an editable box so I can rename it.

KellyM and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  3. cookingmylife

Sadly no... The ones that bug me the most I'll just delete, rename, and load again I guess.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

@cookingmylife perhaps you can rename BEfore you load them. Make a new folder for most used. Rename the copies! ?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  5. cookingmylife

@AnneofAlamo I will do that for new ones. It's the ones installed that bug me. I have a LOT and need to delete the ones I don't use often. It's so easy to load them I don't need to have them all active.

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I just deleted all of mine and got the ones I use in one folder (copied) and then I placed them in order/ I got a weird blood one a while back that has only 2 red squares (as I list by icon small) and it separates my shadows (45 and 120) and then the acrylics and such I use come afterwards. Tangie's paper worn first lol

KellyM likes this.
  7. cookingmylife

@AnneofAlamo At least the weird blood isn't your blood! but then it might be...:frog

I've yet to check which of Tangie's products that I bought years ago are in the store. That's for another month! :ballbounce

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@cookingmylife Maureen, Unfortunately you can not rename an action in PSE. Because you cannot create an action in PSE, it doesn't allow you to change anything with them.

You can change the name etc in PhotoShop as you can create it there.

Sorry that you need to redo them.

9. cookingmylife

Christa, by the time this becomes a priority for me, I may just jump into PS since I have it with CC. Procrastination is so much easier though...

cfile likes this.
  10. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Great suggestion! Thanks Anne