Cap fonts messing up normal fonts?

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by cfile, Jan 4, 2017.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I resolved my issue, but if anyone else has this problem, here is the answer :)

Q:
    This just started happening again to me.. It hadn't in a very long time. I was doing my page for the MOC day3 quick template, and using font of Bebas Neue and then wanted to use fox in the snow... when I went to type using fox in the snow it was as if it was stuck in capital land. I did not use the cap lock at all and it wasn't lit up either. I could not get the font to be "normal".

It first happened when I tried the template in PSE15 and thought ok must be some glitch, so I "googled" the issue. When looking on the Google, it set to "reset preferences", which I did and then restarted PSE15 and all was fixed until I used Bebas Neue again, and so I reset preferences AGAIN.

Now it started happening in PhotoShop CC. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know why all of a sudden this is happening? ***SOLUTION FOUND**

A:
    This is a Google search answer that I found and it worked: http://www.techpraveen.com/2011/07/how-to-fix-adobe-photoshop-stuck-on-caps-lock.html Without going anywhere the answer is shown below in the photo!

**************************AHA******************************

The MOC 3 Template had the word TITLE (using Bebas Neue) set at TT in the type character window, thus when I went to use another font (in my case was fox in the snow) it carried the setting to the next font used.. AHA.. back in business as I was not happy re resetting... make sure the TT is not selected - see circled in picture below.. just use the T

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    dancingJaye and bestcee like this.
  2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

cfile likes this.
  3. cfile

Thanks Maureen.. I resolved the issue. It was the TT in the character window, and it was that way, creating the issue, because the template was set that way.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  4. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

This template did this for me, too! I just closed the layout in PSE and then reopened it in CS4 to fix the problem. :lol: I'm glad to know that there's an actual, logical explanation!

cfile likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've done that to myself before too. glad you figured it out! :)

cfile likes this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I discovered the ALL CAPS option a few weeks ago, actually a pretty neat tool to have. The Small Caps option, just to the right of TT, labeled as Tt is also pretty cool. Whatever you have typed as caps, will remain as a larger cap. All of your lower case changes to caps as well, just a scaled down version of the capital letters.

cfile likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love that character box so much. The options to play with words....pure bliss.

cfile likes this.
  8. cfile

Exactly but I wasn't expecting this to be an issue on the template and I was trying to use a different font and it was all cap.. I have no problem playing with the character box, just I want to do it so I don't make myself crazy! :) All good.. I learned something.. same thing one day I must have hit the language thing and I was doing spell check and all the good English words were showing an error, and I realized it was on Spanish! LOL UGH LOL

mcurtt likes this.
  9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

You gals are such super sleuths. I have had this problem before:hairpol and it is annoying. I tying I will bookmark this thread.

cfile likes this.
  10. cfile

I was feeling the way your graphic is yesterday! I was determined to get the fix :) Glad I could help you out too!

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Glad you figured it out! I had the same issue a while back and it took me forever to figure it out lol

cfile likes this.