Candy and Snacks | Pad Patter 7.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 18, 2017.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i like caramel or the sweet and salty kind of popcorn these days (cos it's sweet and i'm not so much for savoury snacks but i also can't really eat a lot of it so it's self-limiting) and i've re-discovered red frogs (those gelatine type lollies, having to actually go into that aisle at the shops so the kids can contribute something to class parties is not good!) but they are TINY compared to how i remember them, they used to be about the length of my palm and now they're like i can fit 3 and a half end to end on my palm! (and no, it's not that my hands got massive in the last few years and yes i may have just measured and now have to consume said frogs...)

bestcee likes this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

And all of you can keep your licorice - red, black whatever, i just can't ...

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I have a total sweet tooth. Ice cream, chocolate, caramels, you name it.

As for licorice, red licorice is the devil's candy - blech! Almost as bad as candy corn. Black licorice is the bomb. Inherited that trait from my grandma. I would hold up a nursing home at gunpoint for black jelly beans.

bestcee likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I love candy. Love it! I mean, I have candy so much that I use it as a decorative element in my house! Maybe I'll take a pic tmw. :) I also have on my Insta account a pic of all the candy I pulled from the top shelf of our pantry--that's where I keep the family candy. My special candy is hidden in my closet. :)

I'm a fan of good chocolate. Dark--not waxy-tasting milk chocolate--is my fave. DH bought 2 (TWO!) grab bags from Ritter when he was in Berlin last month. It was approx. 8lbs of chocolate! Plus he bought special-made bars for the kids and for myself. The special bars are gone, but lots of the grab bag goodies are still left. The fave for DH and me is the rum and raisin bar. We both thought it'd be hideous, but we each tried a little square and loved it so much that we had to ration the rest between us! There's one more of those left, and I admit a big part of me wanted to hide it in my closet with my Sno-Caps and Neccos!

When I travel (like a road trip or a plane ride), I like gummi candy, like Life Saver Gummies, or Haribo cherries. I also love Skittles or anything Reese's. For breakfast, any cereal a pediatrician would scoff at is what I'd like to eat (cuz let's be honest: Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch are basically candy we eat for breakfast).

bestcee likes this.
  5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm on Day 9 of Whole30 so I'm not even going to list my favorites and tempt myself. :assslap

Tree City and bestcee like this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Just call me sweetie. If it's sweet I want it. I see it. I eat it and I've got the poundage to prove it. UGH

I actually don't snack much when I'm scrapping or on my PC. It's later on when I'm watching TV at night that the snack bug bites.

bestcee likes this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm pretty boring. I don't eat carb snacks anymore. My go-to now is nuts and baked cheese/pepperoni.

bestcee likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My snack tonight was apples, cheese and pretzel sticks. So, not boring!

bcgal00 likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

In my younger years, l loved plain M&M's. Going off to the university, my friends gave me a five pound bag of them and they were gone within the week. I was raised in Chicago, so for high end chocolate, it was always Fannie May, mint puffs, mint meltaways. For salty snacks it was plain potato chips. For the last 5 years or so, I have been low-carb keto so unless I make some fat bombs, I don't partake.

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Me... I resemble this comment! :) BUT... when scrapping, I don't snack. I do have a soda nearby. I try not to eat after 7:30, and try not to snack at all. It helped me lose weight in the past, and I really really try to stick to this habit.

I do love Milky Ways.... Twix.... Heath Bar.... and so many more. :giggle

scrappydonna and keepscrappin like this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

ugh. anything chocolate is my down fall ... and if it also has PB i just can't resist it! i also love salty snacks. i really need to stop and focus! just went to the grocery yesterday and did not buy anything - i am trying to fill the void with lemon water or fresh brewed unsweetened teas w/fun flavors ... berry, peach, etc.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

I like chewy candies and M&M's peanuts. Chips, not so much. BUT I do my best to stay away from candies and chocolates.. and chips so DD wouldn't be tempted too much to munch them lol! She's allergic to peanuts so no M&M's peanuts allowed in the house :( And Reese!!!! arghhh!!!

(But the father would sneak Kinder eggs every now and then so hello chocolate lol! She's not allergic to hazelnuts, thank God.)

13. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Oooh, my chocolate of choice is Revels. Usually treat myself to a bag once a week. Don't very often have crisps etc in the house asI have no self control where savoury snacks are concerned :pigout

14. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Courtney, you like chocolate twizzlers too? I've never heard anyone say that. I love those! I also love gummies, regular, sour, & chocolate covered. I do live close enough to the Jelly Belly Factory that the Belly Flops are sold all around here in the Bay Area. So, I often have a bag of those at work. I have a whole snack drawer at work. It's currently stocked with salt water taffy, baked green bean snacks, a salted caramel dark chocolate bar, soup, & microwave popcorn.

15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I LOVE chocolate and icecream but..... being over 50 everything I eat seems to say on the hips. BUT this summer I found this which is soooooo good!
    [​IMG]

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

the new caramel M&Ms are delightful. I mostly try not to have any snacky foods in the house though or I'll eat more than I should. Ice cream is another yummy summer treat. :)

17. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I've got a soft spot for just about anything chocolate, especially Reese PB or M&Ms (any of the flavors)! I also enjoy ice cream but being lactose intolerant means I indulge in it less often.
    That looks amazing. I feel like I need to go look for some now!

18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My favorite is still Kettle brand potato chips, as I scrapped about in January :D

[​IMG]

19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter!

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I used to be a Twizzler gal but then the world of Trader Joe's 1LB milk chocolate bar entered my life. It has the best melt factor I have ever found except for Lindt chocolate. But ONE pound for $4.95? come on, how can one resist. I have though for about a month. So I am having bag of popcorn most nights with tv. I still haven't bought the air popper...