Candy and Snacks | Pad Patter 7.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jul 18, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I just had another 5lb bag of my favorite gummy bears delivered yesterday. Yes, I started ordering them in a 5lb bag! And lamenting that I don't live close enough to the factory to buy the bag at half the price.

I like gummy bears because despite the name, they aren't sticky, and are a great scrapbooking snack. Chips are my other favorite, but they leave my hands a little crummy. And licorice. But I'm picky about licorice. My favorite is chocolate Twizzlers. Followed by the red ones. But never black. Unless it's the Licorice allsorts. Then it can be black licorice.

What about you? What's your favorite candy and snacks lately?

jesskab, LoveItScrapIt and bbymks5 like this.
  2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I tend to binge chocolate, Reeses are my favourite, but we seldom get them this side of the pond.

bestcee likes this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

We have a store that sells Reese's now!! OMG so you all know what's currently inside my fridge. ;)

I am very much a chips addict. I have lately told myself no again and I'm sticking with the Doritos. They are much better for me: I can actually only eat so much Doritos whereas with potato chips the bottom of the bag is the end goal. Also the kilos fly on with potatoes. Any potato product for that matter. :( Potatoes don't like me.

And lately, I have been snacking on licorice too while driving home from school. It's a habit I learned really quickly and cannot stop right now. And when I say licorice, I mean the real deal. (cough, red licorice is no licorice in my book, cough) I'm Dutch, remember. lol.

I currently have the blue box in my car.

[​IMG]

LoveItScrapIt, bbymks5 and bestcee like this.
  4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I put my Reese's in the freezer...one of my faves!!

I have to watch myself when snacking because I can plow thru a whole bag of chips if I'm not careful. Salty chips are my downfall. I've stopped buying them so that I don't have the temptation.

Popcorn though...love me some popcorn. I don't share my bag with my kids either. They can pop their own bag.

LoveItScrapIt and bbymks5 like this.
  5. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

If there is anything chocolate in the house I'm a glutton for punishment! So I just don't buy chocolate and it's all good! I'm not a huge chip eater ... but I love popcorn. That's my go-to snack. We have an air popper - but then I put butter on it, so I suppose I should just buy microwave popcorn!!

LoveItScrapIt and bbymks5 like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm not really a big snack or candy eater, but I am currently munching on Chester's Flaming Hot Fries. When I do get a sweet treat I like Butterfinger Cups or Mounds, and a couple of those will do me for a good while.

bbymks5 and bestcee like this.
  7. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Everything chocolate and everything ice cream. So I just don't buy them anymore!

LoveItScrapIt, bbymks5 and bestcee like this.
  8. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Not into candy or sweets. I tend to snack on peanuts or popcorn. :)

bbymks5 and bestcee like this.
  9. bestcee

So, maybe I should admit now that I am not a fan of the real licorice - or old timey as it's called here.

10. bestcee

That surprises me! I don't know why, since there's lots of candy we can't get here from other countries.

Love this too!

I started buying the individual bags. They are not as cost effective, but I don't eat the whole big bag so it's more calorie effective!

Nah, stick to air popped! It tastes better!

11. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Hahaha no worries, I hope you could read the joking tone I was using.

bestcee likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Just call me a junk gut. If it's sweet, salty or just plain not good for you, I'll eat it... hehe

No seriously, I've decided to do better this summer. I make myself drink a glass of water before eating any candy or snacks. That's helped fill me up, so I don't eat the whole bag of chips like I used to... hehe

jk703, LoveItScrapIt and bbymks5 like this.
  13. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I just ate some pork rinds...not the best, but when you're low carbing it, options for snacks that are junk food are super limited!! I also snack on nuts or a spoon of peanut butter.

I so miss popcorn with Tabasco sauce...NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM :pigout

The only licorice I like is black licorice...I haven't had a chance to try any from another country, but I've heard it's different what we have in the US, more salty.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I usually have popcorn every Sunday evening as "dinner". Mixed nuts or peanuts are good, as is fruit. I try to keep several kinds of fruit on hand at all times.

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I usually have popcorn every Sunday evening as "dinner". Mixed nuts or peanuts are good, as is fruit. I try to keep several kinds of fruit on hand at all times.

16. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I love Dutch salted licorice. It is my all time favourite. I also like hand made chocolates ie the ones that cost $3 and up per single small chocolate. I got a small box for my Birthday recently and they lasted for over a week. I'd savour one chocolate a night. Yum!!

bestcee likes this.
  17. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I tend to snack on tangerines (clementines) at night. Right now they are so little (almost size of golf balls) so I have a couple.

I love reese cups but I want mine really soft. In fact if I get a candy bar depending on the type I will put in microwave for a few seconds. I love my chocolate really soft.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

M&M's at the moment are my favs - will eat anything chocolate though...

I am also a black licorice girl - dark choc bullets are the best!

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. bestcee

Absolutely! I totally forget how much some candy has been changed until it doesn't represent the original! Like licorice. And root beer barrels. And honey sticks.

20. bestcee

Interesting! I'm not a fan of soft chocolate, so I have to store it all in the fridge right now! Even just the drive from the store to the house, it all ends up soft. Apparently, we need to switch places for awhile! :hehe

keepscrappin likes this.