Can Our Kits be used with Artisan

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by NancyBeck, Sep 23, 2017.

1. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Hi everybody,

I know there are a number of you who use programs other than Photoshop to scrap with. I have a customer back in Customer Service right now who is having trouble importing kits she purchased here into Artisan.

I am going to suggest that she follow this thread in case anyone out there can help. Her name is Mary.

Thanks!

2. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

NancyBeck likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

She has to Create an Art Kit in the library of her choice and then import the paper and embellishments. See circled icon. upload_2017-9-23_15-38-39.png

There is a group on Facebook called Artisan Lovers Unite, link below, where users of Artisan help each other. We would be glad to help.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/1635812020017391/

bestcee and AllisonPennington like this.
  4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Yes! I use Artisan and buy here too much (I mean all the time). LOL
    Mary, ask away. The group Bev posted is GREAT!

AllisonPennington likes this.
  5. BevG

If she needs more detailed instructions, just have her send me a PM. Or I can type them up here if you wish.

6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

If you have a few minutes to outline the basics, that would be great!! Thank you!

7. BevG

1) Download and un-zip the files into a folder. I like to use a folder on my desktop called "New" so I know anything in there needs to loaded up.
    2) Open Artisan. Find the location of where your libraries are stored and if needed, create a new one called "The Lillypad".
    3) Click on Create Art Kit. In the pop-up, type the name of the kit. I like to start mine with an abbreviation of the designer's name (in the photo above, BellaG is Bella Gypsy, AP is Allison Pennington, etc.) followed by the kit name. Be sure to select The Lilypad library. Click okay. If you type the designer name first, then everything from a designer will sort next to each other.
    4) When the new kit opens, in the Add panel at the top, click on Paper, in the pop-up window, navigate to where ever you unzipped the files to, and select all .jpg files. Click Okay.
    5) Now click on Embellishment in the Add panel and select all of .png files (they may be in a different folder). Click Okay. Repeat until you add all the content.
    6) You now have everything loaded. If you need to move anything from paper to embellishment (or visa versa), use the right-click option on the element. You can also rearrange items if you desire. It will remember the order you put them in when you are scrapping the page.
    7) Tag items if desired.
    8) The preview for the kit when looking at kits in Content Manager is made using the first paper and the first embellishment. I like to save the kit preview that the designer made and put it in the first paper spot. This lets me preview the kit and it gives me the details of who the designer is, what the title is, and what store it is from (TLP of course).

The above instructions assume you are putting all of your TLP kits in the same library. You do not have to do this. You can have as many libraries as you want. Just be aware that each library will only see the first layer of file folders for kits. If you add sub-folders to a kit folder, they will not show up in Artisan.

If the kit has an alpha, you can either put it in the same kit or you can add another kit. I like mine in a separate kit and I name them "Alpha - name of the kit" so they all sort together. FYI - they will not show up as Fancy Text - only kits purchased from Forever have that feature.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  8. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

@BevG - thank you soooooo much!!!! That's super helpful!!!

:agree:clap:cheer:goldstars:heartslub

9. BevG

Thanks - glad to help newbies enjoy their TLP content. :bk

lmccandless likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

@BevG Bev is my go-to person for all this kind of stuff! (Sorry, I just saw this.)

bestcee likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

NancyBeck and BevG like this.
  12. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

Thank you so much Bev! Because of you, Mary is up and running!!!

bestcee likes this.
  13. BevG

That is great news!