Brag Moment|Pad Patter 6.2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 2, 2018.

1. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I love reading everyone's brags! :)

I was the instructor for May's Champions class for Scrapaneers! That was a first!! A little overwhelming, but hopefully I can do more in the future! :blush

2. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I gave the camera to my hubby to take pics while at out family reunion on Saturday. This way my kids can look back and see me in photos with them. It wasn't the whole day, but even for 30 min is a huge accomplishment for me to give it up.

3. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

You guys TOTALLY rock!!!! Love this thread! I'm much the same way, I think a LOT of us are.

I shouldn't be 'bragging" about it because I should automatically DO it, but my proudest moment was yesterday. We'd gone to Mall of America because it was the last day for a certain legendary pokemon and our middle child REALLY wanted one. Our teenager (who is high functioning autistic) had a complete melt down break down in the mall. I got her through it as best I could (but the middle child and I have also been sick since Friday so we're both worn down.) and we got home.

The adults went out, did stuff, got ourselves some ice cream from Culver's because we had two coupons for free ones. I, like always, ate a fourth of mine. I always share with the kids when they don't get any, it makes me happy to see them all excited. I get home, split it up and my teenager comes up, I offer her the ice cream and she answers with a shrug and "maybe" she wanted it. I turned to walk off and she goes "I don't deserve it though so maybe not."

I lost my patience, jerked the ice cream from her hand and said "fine!" and started to put it in the freezer. Stopped, took a DEEEEEEP breath and then turned around and snapped "You know what? It's MY ice cream, I can give it to who *I* think is worthy, and you know what?" I then went into this HUGE long shpeel of why she's awesome and why she needs to stop berating herself (it just KILLS me.) Then shoved a huge bite of ice cream in her mouth and said

"AND YOU CAN'T BE MOROSE WITH ICE CREAM IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!"

This made her crack up and had to cover her mouth so she didn't spit it out, which of course, made me giggle and all the tension was dissipated. We talked more and I went to bed ashamed that I was proud that I "adulted" and didn't just shut down.

bestcee, jenn mccabe, KarenW and 4 others like this.
  4. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Yesterday I volunteered to watch my neighbor / friend's daughter. They have homeschooled like us for the last four years, but my friend got a job recently. She's been struggling what to do with her oldest (she's been bouncing around to random people the last few weeks) and her youngest is in daycare. Summer is busy, with my daughter going to various grandparents and several family trips. She's also got two weeks of camp to go to in July. But, I told my friend all the dates my daughter will be home and said she was welcome to stay with us any of those dates. I also told her that if she signed her daughter up for camp, I'd be happy to take her back and forth with my daughter.

So, this is a bragging moment for me because I am huge homebody who prefers it just to be me and my family. But, I know my friend needs this and to be honest, I think it will be nice to take my daughter's friend with us to do some fun summer activities. We're purposefully trying to plan some things on the days she'll be with us. I know the little girl's life is changing a ton- going from homeschooling and having a stay at home mom to having a working mom and being in public school. So, I want to make sure she has a good time while she's with us.

BevG, bestcee, jenn mccabe and 3 others like this.
  5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Love this!

I called 2 people today. 2 people!!!

Phone calls give me anxiety.

I've taken on a new role with our homeschool group which requires lots of phone calls & talking to strangers. Hello! Not something I thought I was good at. But guess what? I love talking to moms about homeschooling...and so I've had to get over my fear of phone calls & learn to just enjoy talking to other moms on the phone. I'm getting better.

bestcee, jenn mccabe, KarenW and 2 others like this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Whoo Hooo Ladies!!! Love little bragging moments!!

I signed up for the gym...just waiting for it to open so I can actually go LOL

bestcee, cinderella and Juliestcyr like this.
  7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I was stopping at the gas station 2-3x/week to buy pop & breakfast for work + having Jimmy John's delivered on most Fridays.

It really adds up when you look at it over the course of a month.

So I bought sandwich fixins at the store last week and will have a sandwich for lunch every day this week + bring my own breakfast so I don't stop at the gas station.

*pat pat pat*

bestcee, Juliestcyr and Tree City like this.
  8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I woke up today and am still breathing LOL

well, now a bit more seriously.... I forgave someone for something I haven't been able to let go of what happened for 3 years.... after talking to a friend and after a LOT of praying for the gift of doing it from the heart....
    I was able to. Another chapter of life "closed" :)

9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Nemla (the dog ) both got a bath,and had her nails clipped on the same day ! Victory for both of us . It stresses her out,and therefore me ,but we did it !

10. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

So my brag is that I'm being sent, toute seule, to represent my Department at an industry meeting in Vancouver next week. It means a lot to me that I'm being trusted to be able to speak with our stakeholders without someone looking over my shoulder. Our subject matter (oil spill compensation) has become a bit of a political football in BC at the moment, so I'm really pleased my boss has that type of confidence in me.

BevG, bestcee, bellbird and 3 others like this.
  11. Juliestcyr

I get this! This is hard to do and something I try very hard to work on.

A while back, I told a friend that I was upset that I was still unable to forgive a mutual friend of ours for something he did about 8 years-ago. It was a serious thing at the time, but no crimes were committed and the damage wasn't permanent. He was definitely in the wrong, and there was no, "other side of the story," for me to understand. And, even though there was some sort of weak apology at the time, I never really accepted it, and gradually stopped hanging out with that person. My friend couldn't understand why I wanted to forgive someone I don't see very often anymore. My response was, "because it's for me to know that I'm not still walking around with the bit of anger inside me. And to be able to think back on that friendship without that shadow hanging over it."

bestcee and MrsPeel like this.
  12. Juliestcyr

I have started a more serious budgeting process. I just wanted to see where our money was going. So, we're doing YNAB (You Need a Budget). It's a different system than what I'm used to. And having to be accountable for every Starbucks I drink really makes me see how much I waste because I'm too lazy to make my own latte.

bestcee likes this.
  13. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Way to go girl!!

14. MrsPeel

THIS

I'm definitely getting better at being humble and forgiving, it is easier and more necessary for me as I get older, so I'm so glad you have this wise way at your young age... you know because we have spoken about this, but I will say it again: I admire the way you are a woman, a wife, a mother (which is even more awesome because you "inherited" your daughters) a friend, and, of course, an artist. So, so glad, happy, joyful, proud to have met you twice in person.... you are another reason Canada is now high on our my travel list!!! Huggzzzz @Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr likes this.
  15. Toucanettes

Toucanettes Active Member

Hello, this is Joy.
    I has my school sports day today. I was in 4 races plus the relay. I came 3rd twice and 2nd once. On Friday I am going to represent my school at the town athletics competition. The first time I have been.

bestcee, Nemla, jenn mccabe and 5 others like this.
  16. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our silver anniversary! I'm really proud of us and happy you gave me permission to brag about our 25 year journey that has miles ahead to enjoy :heartslub

BevG, bestcee, jenn mccabe and 4 others like this.
  17. MrsPeel

Joy!!!! how ice to see you posting here!!!! I know you through your mum, we talk often and I am amazed by all the achievements of you guys!!!!
    Hope you all cab come one day to visit us in London!!!
    Congratulations on all your achievements!!!!! You will turn into an Olympian!!!!!
    Huggzz to the family!!!!
    @Toucanettes

bestcee and Angela Toucan like this.
  18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

This is a great thread! I relate to so many of these hurdles (driving in any sort of large city - we live in the capital but it's really just a big country town traffic wise!), making phone calls- so stressful, every gym session...

My proud moment this week is starting my volunteering life. I have been wanting to do something for a while now but the whole introvert thing makes it harder but this week I did my first training course to help illiterate adults read and write. Literacy is my first love and I hope to help others, although it is mostly just getting people to a stage where they can fill in forms, apply for jobs etc which are much bigger priorities than reading for pleasure. I'm a bit excited by it all!

19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I started reading this thread the other week while still in the process of cleaning out my craft cupboard (its a double door wardrobe) & so I'm back to finally say its organized & labelled & there is no more danger of avalanches now!
    ( it sounds little as a brag but it's been a nightmare mess for years, I was too embarrassed by it to take a 'before ' photo but now I wish I had! Every time I had to find a specific thing, most of the stuff would have to be pulled out ( or fall out!) in the process but I couldn't mentally handle the enormity of it & just kept putting off tackling it while amassing more stuff.
    DH built me an extra shelf so that's helped & all the baskets & little drawers & my dymo so I know what stuff I put where before my brain forgets & I just start throwing stuff on random shelves as a quick clean up! Its mentally freeing though & I feel pretty accomplished, I had googly eyes & those gemstone stickers & ribbon bits everywhere!

bestcee likes this.
  20. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I love this thread! We need to brag a bit more, sing our own praises! So a little one for me. I finished my 2017 yearbook (about 640 pages - will be split into two books). Now, I just need my husband to proof read, then I wait for a sale at blurb and I can order!! Love a finished book or two. Also, my 2017 Disney/Sanibel book is almost done (need to scrap about 2-3 days of photos). Go me! and go all of you!!!

BevG, bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.