Books on vacation

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bellbird, Dec 21, 2016.

1. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

@cookingmylife Great advice! My husband is so happy planning our excursions, etc! I'm looking forward to reading! Also grateful that it isn't in January because I like doing MOC!

2. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

No laptop :crazy3

I can't remember last time I had a holiday longer than two nights away from home (and I took the laptop then too!). I would stick to your e-reader (that's the point isn't it, so you can have so many books to choose from depending on your mood, without having to lug that many around with you?).

I'd probably stick to something light and fluffy that can be picked up and put down again without being too enthralling (just another chapter syndrome!) or difficult to follow if reading piecemeal. Perhaps a collection of short stories or novellas by new to you authors?

kimingvtx likes this.
  3. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

My ipad is always loaded with a few books I haven't read. I make sure they are fully downloaded so I do not have to worry about wifi. Its light enough to carry in my bas too so i have a few choices at my finger tips.
    This way if i have some boring down time there is something to read, but no pressure - maybe i will, maybe i won't.

Although I must admit, I can't not read for very long.

4. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

My Kindle is chock full of books that are perfect for the holidays ... paranormal/urban fantasy and contemporary romance are fun and quick to read that I can drop when I need to so I can hang with the family when they insist on my company :D