Beauty is pain | pad patter 2.12.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 12, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I will for sure. I'm thinking that might be a great Valentine's gift to myself!! :)

tkradtke likes this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

As a hygienist- I live in pajamas basically (scrubs) at work- so I do like to dress 'normally' on my off days. However, lately I definitely have fallen into a more 'comfort' routine- especially noticeable when I do my laundry & it's all leggings/yoga pants & sweatshirts!!! :giggle I am a girly girl when it comes to dressing up- I like makeup & pretty shoes. But I only do that maybe 1-2 x/month for date night or a special event. And.. yes.. I suffer through the pain- my favorite CUTE black heels are pretty uncomfortable! In general- I'm a jeans/sweatshirt with cute sneakers kinda girl! ;)

3. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I have always been a girly girl as my hubby calls me (or high maintenance is another name). I love my fancy clothes and heels (yes I am 55 and love heels). I don't do the extremely high ones but 3-4 inches is my think. Especially if they are animal print or sparkly.
    My-Shoes---It's-a-Girl-Thin.jpg

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Another huge thanks for sharing that link. The idea that I can toss my tweezers is such a treat :-D

tkradtke likes this.
  5. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh your poor daughter!! Hopefully the blisters heal quickly! I have a friend whose son got a NASTY burn on his foot and the blister from that was about the size of a golf ball, she put some Manuka Honey on it for a few days and it healed up right away and didn't leave a scar, you might want to give that a try? She got it at Sprouts.

I LURVE heels!! When I was working in the corporate world I wore heels about 90% of the time because I never did want to take my pants in to be shortened LOL! I still love to wear heels, but because I live on the sun it's sandals 98% of the year, 1% I wear my boots and the other 1% my wanna be Chucks LOL!!

Waxing my eyebrows is also painful...I'm very fair skinned and light eyed so not only is it painful, but I bleed and turn red like I've been in a cat fight!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

No heels any more for me and for my work, about 20 years ago, I did wear them but ones I could easily walk in. Thank god the super high ones weren't around except in questionable 'professions' back then.

But the facial hair of aging? ugh Thanks @tkradtke for that rec. I'm gonna look for it at Amazon cause I have an order ready to go.

But the most other pain I've endured for fashion or love? having my dark hair (when I had dark hair) frosted when they used to pull your hair through a swimming kind of cap with a thin CROCHET hook. AAARRGH it hurt. The things I did to my hair to please my xh. :badmood

7. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I don’t even own any heels anymore! I was never much of a heels girl, anyhow. Now I am a cute sandals kind of girl. We do have a few weddings to attend this year, so I way be wearing heels again... we will see!

8. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I'm all about comfort and practicality too! I've returned more shoes than I've kept, lol!

9. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Bad shoe decisions! I've been making them since I was 16, and I know I'll probably make them again.

When I was 18, me and 3 friends went to Montreal for March Break. We took the train, and rented a hotel room. We shopped all day, and partied all night. Montreal in mid-march may have sunny days, and the snow be melting a little, but the nights were cold. But, we still jumped over slush puddles in our strappy sandals, with our bare legs and mini-skirts running around in -15C weather. I wish I could say that was the coldest weather I'd been out in strappy sandals and bare legs in. But that's probably a lie. I'm sure there were some nights during my first year of undergrad in London, Ont. (capital of "the Snowbelt") and here in Ottawa later on where I went out wearing something ridiculously skimpy. (Also, you now all know my secret. I was a very dedicated party girl from about ages 17-27.)

Also, please don't tell me I'm the only one who had a Nair disaster in their youth? There are parts of my legs and arms that have not grown hair since the Great Nair Disaster of '98.

10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'm actually the opposite. I used to be all about comfort - tennies, jeans, tees, no makeup, long straight hair in a pony tail or Mom bun. I did not feel good about the image I projected, so I started dressing up on a daily basis. I love it so much I will deal with the pain of heels, the time spent getting ready, and all the trappings. It's made a world of difference in my self esteem and my marriage too!

11. Pachimac

Does that really work?? My daughter is cursed with hairy Italian genes...and I'm in menopause...

12. Pachimac

Soul Sista!!!!!

13. rdjrneace

I love my "fancy" clothes as a few of my grandkids call it. I may wear jeans occassionally but I will wear my pretty shirts and my "fancy" heels/boots. I don't go out of the house without my hair/makeup done (short hair has an advantage that not a ton has to be done to be ready).

14. rdjrneace

My big problem is that I can't find clothes I like here in the US that is plus size and not gaudy. I do not like big prints and glitzed out. All I want is nice clothes that "thin"people wear just in bigger sizes.