Be the change | pad patter 4.23.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Apr 23, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

Apparently I'm the only person in this house who knows how to change the toilet paper roll.

[​IMG]

Who changes the roll at your house?

jesskab and bbymks5 like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

**I'm** the one who changes the roll 90% of the time.

In fact, if I see it's getting low, I'll take it off, put on the new roll and sit the almost done roll on top of it.

'Cause there's nothing worse than realizing AFTER you've done your business that there's an empty roll. LOL

jesskab, Sara and keepscrappin like this.
  3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

lol! I'm not always THE person who changes it- but I AM the person who fixes it so that the paper comes off over the top, NOT under EVERY DANG TIME! :giggle

4. keepscrappin

Yes, this exactly!

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It does seem like if I didn't change, I'm doing this. LOL And I wonder why my family thinks I have control issues. Hmphf. I just like things the way I like them.

Karen, Sara, amien1 and 1 other person like this.
  6. keepscrappin

I like it coming over the top too, but lately I'm happy if it just gets put on there.

amien1 likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, I do it 100% of the time. I don't think the puppy would do it for me.... emptying it for me is another story! :giggle

keepscrappin and jk703 like this.
  8. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

There was some free wordart available the other day on Creative Fabrica that said "Changing the toilet roll does not cause brain damage" that I hung up on the door as a reminder. Result: My son wrote next to it "yes, it does cause brain damage" and goes on not changing the roll. Worse, if the roll is empty a new one is taken (not actually put where it belongs) and the empty roll is left on the floor behind the toilet.

jesskab and keepscrappin like this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

OMG, this is too funny and too well-timed: I complained (okay, NAGGED) DH about this last week!

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

It's my son's job to stock up the toilet roll pole. It holds three spares. He's supposed to do it when it gets to 1 roll, but is usually actively prompted when the last one is in use. I'm assuming that whoever starts the new roll each time replaces it on the hanger, but empty tube is likely to hang around.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

9.7 times out of 10 this task falls to me. I make sure to have extra rolls at the ready in our bathrooms, and still the other family members are content to leave it unchanged. They just leave the empty there and put the extra roll on the toilet basin. It boggles.

This is closely related to the not-putting-their-dishes-in-the-dishwasher sickness my family has as well.

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  12. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmm... I only use my bathroom. I rarely go into the boys bathroom beyond when we need to clean, spot check here and there, or someone is going to visit. DH uses that bathroom with them, so I'm thinking he changes it? No clue. I am curious now. I must ask him.

I always change my bathroom TP. I seem to always be the one who finishes it. It relatively easy - slide on and off. None of those annoyed side buttons. You know the ones I mean?!

I make the boys check the bathroom weekly to re-stock both of them with TP. It's reachable when you are using the facilities, but if the TP was in the basement, it's not so reachable. :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This made me think of this gif... my boys found it hysterical. :giggle
    [​IMG]

14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, we both do it 50/50. DH has his own bathroom and I have mine. So, he changes his and I change mine. Now that DD and GS are living with us, sometimes that varies. LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Me, usually. Yesterday I changed the roll in the kids' bathroom and in our bathroom. It's frustrating but at least I know it will be put on the right way (over!!). :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Reminds me of this joke - How many men does it take to change the toilet paper roll??
    No one knows, it's never happened :giggle

It's 99.9% of the time me at my house. And quite honestly, sometimes I'm bad about it myself and just set it on top.

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh my goodness! This thread is so amusing! And yes, it's the same in my house... it's usually me changing it!

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

LOL! Me...100% me! I don't know why this little task is so hard for everyone else to accomplish!

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This made me giggle! That said, I have SOLVED this problem.
    I have cute little metal baskets in our bathrooms filled with a few TP rolls. Once it's done, you just throw the empty to the left (in the trash) instead of to the right (back in the basket).

Honestly, it's made me a happier person :giggle

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

The 10yr old & I change it. The 7yr old & 41yr old do not.
    I used to be an under roll person. When I got older I was like "If over is what works for hotels, then that's what works for me." Lol.

keepscrappin likes this.