Barbara Bush was a Scrapbooker

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by mcurtt, Apr 23, 2018.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I love this so much! Looking forward to some free time to peruse her scrapbooks. TFS!

mcurtt likes this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'd love to see those!!

mcurtt likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I received a package of items from Dad's significant other after he passed away in 2016. There were several envelopes of photos that I had never seen and no names on them. I know the time frame was 1948-1952 because they appeared to all be from his days in the Navy. Most of them are photos with lots of people in them, not necessarily posed group photos and I think he is in some of them but I would have no idea who anyone else was or even where they were taken. Since he was on a ship that was in the Asiatic area and also at one time, the Mediterranean, the photos could be from anywhere. But, I will never know.

Mom was another story. She wrote on the backs of photos if they weren't in the old style scrapbooks. When magnetic albums came out, she was a big fan of them. Some of those she even put strips of paper listing who was in the photos underneath them besides having the names on the back. I hope to someday move all of her stuff from those magnetic albums to more photo safe alternatives like I did with their wedding photos and my childhood photo albums.

mcurtt likes this.
  4. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

That is awesome! I would love to see them. I am going to google her. So sad that her husband was taken to the hospital.

mcurtt likes this.
  5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Yes, I've said it many times-----LABEL THOSE PHOTOS!! I read these posts and know exactly how you feel. I have 6 of my late husband's albums from when he grew up in Germany and have NO idea who are in those photos. I only recognize him, his parents and sister. I totally blame myself because I should have sat down with him years ago and labeled every photo----but back then I was not into scrapbooking and didn't realize how important it was. Now it breaks my heart that there are aunts, uncles, cousins etc in those photos and I will never know who is who and what their names are.

mcurtt likes this.
  6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

How cool is that!!! Thanks for letting us know, off to check it out!

mcurtt likes this.
  7. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Will be watching this today!! So so cool!!

mcurtt likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That is SO cool! I bet they are super interesting too!

mcurtt likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh wow! Pretty cool ... I'm with Laura ... would love to go through this more when I have a bit of time. It looks so interesting. Thank you for shairng with us.

mcurtt likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

That's great info there! Thanks for the info and I did enjoy the short video.

I have one album from my first wedding that was done in a huge but not that huge scrapbook which seemed to be around for newspaper size clippings. I started when we got engaged and it does say Washington Post on the front faux(?) leather cover. I wonder if they still make them!

mcurtt likes this.
  11. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

How cool is that!! How did she find the time is the second thing that popped into my head LOL!

Christina W and mcurtt like this.
  12. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

So cool. Thanks for sharing this.

mcurtt likes this.