Back in the Swing of Things

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by shastahun, Jan 1, 2018.

1. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

Hey everyone! I'm Shasta. Been around the boards before but I haven't scrapbooked in quite a while. I've wanted to come back to it because I miss documenting everything. I had my 2nd daughter towards the end of 2016 (she just turned a year old on 12/19/17) and I would love to scrapbook what's happened in her life so far, as well as scrapbook things from my 4 almost 5 year old. Getting back into the swing of things may take some time for me. I feel like I'm making mediocre pages at best, but there's only one way to go, and that's up!

I'm excited to do MOC! I feel like this will really help me get better at scrapbooking.

MrsPeel, cfile, Mylinn and 3 others like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

welcome back to the pad and to scrapping again. Enjoy MOC

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

What a great time to jump back in!! Welcome back!!

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

MOC in 2016 was what got me back into scrapping after a 2 year hiatus. That, and determinedly making Sunday my scrapping day. Welcome back! :cheer

bestcee likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

WElcome Shasta! I have to say, I adore your name!! What a cool one!! I would love to hear the how that came to be! the MOC is the bestest to get the creative happy moving in your life. A bit congratulations on your new addition! Can't wait to see her in the gallery!

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

you joined at the perfect time ... MOC will definitely get you scrapping and inspired! i just saw your Day 1 MOC page in the gallery and its lovely! welcome and have fun with your return to this awesome hobby! :)

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome back, Shasta! :D

8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Shasta, and welcome back to the Lilypad!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome back to scrapping! You couldn't have picked a better time to jump back in! MOC has a wonderful way of hooking you into scrapping regularly and I love that the challenges give you somewhere to start each day! I bet you have so many awesome pictures and memories to scrap with your little ones too! :)

10. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

Thanks! My mom actually named me after Mount Shasta in California. She used to live there when she was pregnant with me and loved the area. I was actually supposed to be a Shawn (she thought she was having a boy) so when they told her "it's a girl!" she said Shasta just popped into her head.

bestcee likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome Shasta! I know for me, MOC really pushes my skills so I get better since I'm practicing every day. But regardless of how you feel your pages are or are not (I don't think they are mediocre at all!) think of the happy memories you have preserved for your kids! I think it's awesome that you are coming back to scrapping. And I love how you got your name!

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hey there! welcome back and i hope you find the swing :)

13. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

Hi Shasta! Nice to meet you. I’ve looked at your gallery and I think your pages are beautiful ♥️. You should see my very first layout LOL. Not so cute

Are you planning to join MOC this year? I was on scrapping hiatus & I think MOC would be great to kickstart scrapping again. Hope you join us!

14. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Shasta and Welcome Back!

15. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hi Shasta!! Welcome!! You will definitely learn a lot during MOC, it pushes you in ways you can't imagine!!

16. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

HI Shasta, welcome back! :)

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome back! I hope MOC gets you in the swing of things!

18. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Welcome back to scrapping Shasta! I hope you have a wonderful time doing MOC

[​IMG]

19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome back Shasta! I hope MOC will be just the mojo boost you need to stay with the scrapping. Congrats on the new addition to your family. My baby is almost 12 and I really need to go back and do some of her younger pix. She does have a first year book all her own, but wants more like my older 2 kids have. I may never be caught up, but I'm going to enjoy trying. take care and keepscrappin!

20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

welcome back!! Can't wait to see your pages and so glad you are going to participate in the MOC!