Authors

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by scrapsandsass, May 14, 2016.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Oh I wish we lived closer together,we could talk books all day, your list could be a mirror of mine, though Louise penny is hard to get in Malta ,and the last I read was a bit predictable.
    I would add Karen Rose though the earlier ones are best,I still buy all her new ones. ,and Lisa Gardner,Ken Follett,Jeffery Deaver Mary Higgens Clarke and Martina Cole, but that one is for my hubby lol

Lindzee and scrapsandsass like this.
  2. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I read Jeffery Deavers and Ken Follett too!
    I haven't read Karen Rose, or Martina Cole must look into that. I have trouble finding some authors in Canada too. Amazon and Bookbub are Godsends....
    Not too big a fan of Mary Higgins Clark - her earlier ones were better.
    Sorry you can't find Louise Penny. They are predictable but such pleasant reads with lots of local color. She lives nearer to me than Lynne-Marrie, but not that far from either of us in a little community she uses as the model for Three Pines. Try her Facebook page. She has a new book coming in September.

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thanks @Lindzee I will look out for the book. If ever I get to Canada I will want to visit the village that inspired Three Pines ! (wonder if the locals are happy - or not ,LOL ) Martina Cole is one of my husbands favourites, and that is why is it on my buy list, but I only read her because he does, and he goes " you have to read this " usually her books are London ( or large English town ) slum / suburbia to seedy side of life, with mafia types thrown in.

4. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

My daughter and I have read all three and enjoyed them. I was shocked to find J.K. Rowling was the author.
    I don't think anyone has mentioned Kristin Hannah yet.

5. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Jonathan Kellerman
    Tess Gerritsen
    Kathy Reichs
    Joanne Fluke- The Hannah Swensen series (even though the last one really let me down)

I also go through short series kicks.
    I read Jana DeLeon's Mudbug series really fast.
    I got three books into Fern Michaels' Sisterhood series. I don't remember why I stopped.

Lately, I've been trying something different. I love to read at work to pass the time. I got a Scribd subscription which I absolutely love. I've been typing in what I feel like reading. On my birthday I wanted a romantic comedy mystery. I pulled one up & had a great time. I'd have to look back to see who the author was or even the title. But, it was a fun quick read. I use it for school too, when I need a quick reference. I haven't tried the audio part yet, but I will soon.

6. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

Colleen Hoover
    Tarryn Fisher
    Mia Asher
    Willow Aster
    Andrea Randall
    Rebecca Donovan
    E.K. Blair
    Renee Carlino
    Kathryn Perez