Art Journaling for Scaredy Cats Question & Answer Thread for my NEW Workshop!

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by Tangie Baxter, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

I'm so excited to announce my newest workshop! I heard your pleas and I'm going to be teaching an art journaling BASICS class. You can pre-register for this class for only $7.50 (Normally $20)!

[​IMG]

So I want to hear from you!
    You can ask two kinds of questions
    1. Questions about the actual workshop (logistics, questions not answered in the product description etc.)
    or
    2. Questions you have about art journaling that I can address in this workshop. How can I help you? What are your concerns about art journaling? (I'll try to answer some here in the forum too, but the class will be much more in depth!)​

Art Journaling isn't as complicated as you think, to put it simply too many associate art journaling (visual exploration) with freestyle &/or the mixed-media "messy" look. In this class, we'll talk about different styles & different techniques, but mostly I hope I can dispel all your fears!

Check this thread often, I'll try to update it at least once a day (except Sundays), answering your questions.

I'll start it off with the most common ones I've gotten so far:
    FAQ
    Q. Tangie for real, what is art journaling?

A. My simple purest definition of it? Self-expression through visual exploration. Usually, it's from the point of view of "I" instead of "we". I=Art Journaling, We=Scrapbooking. We will talk about this so much more in depth in the class, but there you have it I cut it down to 4 words.

Q. Does art journaling have to be all dark and sad and full of angst? Why can't I just be happy?

A. This great question also makes me want to jump through the screen and give the person asking it a huge hug. OF COURSE, art journaling can be happy! I'm not sure where this stigmatism comes from, there are tons and tons of sad scrapbooking pages that break your heart and yet no one asks the same question about scrapbooking. So the short answer is, art journaling is for those who love to bask in the light right now and those who are full of sadness right now, art journaling is a visual exploration of our journey and all are welcome! Bring the glitter or bring your tears, just bring you as you are!

Q. I don't have time for that "stuff".
    A. We can always make time for what is important, the real question becomes is art journaling important? Come find out what art journaling can offer you before you decide, and I'll do my best to share my tips with you on how to make this a new creative habit without feeling guilty!

Q: Why can't art journaling pages have photos?

A: Oh they can my friends, they sure can! They usually don't but that was the "old days" and who has time to get stuck in old patterns and definitions that don't matter!

(I'll add more questions here)

I've made this my most affordable workshop ever because I really want to dispel all the myths that keep so many from trying it. Come join us by pre-registering [here].

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am SO excited about this Tangie! I'm in and already signed up! Woo-hoo! AND the best part is, that I feel like this is my answer to what am I going to do with myself after MOC is over... THIS is what I'm going to have to look forward to next! :)

3. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Tangie, this is fantastic! Art journaling came so naturally to me so I have a hard time understanding why some people are afraid to try it. This workshop is perfect for them to dip their toe in! Thanks for putting the class together!

4. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I was one that was first scared of art journaling. I was stuck in just a minimal/clean scrapping style when I first started, but as I saw more designers and broadened my stash more I opened up. My scrapping is always for just me really anyway, so art journaling was a way to get more "personal" on the page and focus on myself instead of just photos of family. My way to feel like an "artist" even if it's just pretend, lol!

I even have some pages that I consider art journaling that don't have ANY paint or that crazy stuff and are SUPER minimal, so I really think it can fit with any style. It's a matter of intent of what you're putting on the page & the emotion, happy or sad or silly, behind it.

I just love that The Lilypad encourages so much play & exploration & openness.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS CLASS!!!

Tangie Baxter, lmccandless and Karen like this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Natural wasn't to me, until Tangie showed me, it could be...that it is in us to create..and I don't have to be Tangie, or anyone else...just me........
    so excited to get to see so many on the verge of this most relaxing feel of creating...and it will spill out onto your regular pages and into your scheduled life...and the dog, and the birds outside...
    aw yeah!

6. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

me too :) Just signed up.. It can't hurt to learn more :)

8. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been a bit brain-dead (hard year last year) and in a big scrapping style slump. Everything looks the same. That in itself is ok in the long run, but I need to break out of my rut.

Plus, Anne @AnneofAlamo twisted my arm. :happyclap She's a good recruiting tool for ya, Tangie!

Tangie Baxter, Karen, Rikki and 3 others like this.
  9. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm glad Anne twisted your arm Jan. It'll be so fun having you in the class with us. You and I can learn this AJ stuff together.

Tangie Baxter, Karen and QuiltyMom like this.
  10. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

I am very interested in this class! My question is that I’m going to be traveling for 4 weeks starting on Feb 6th. I can watch the videos and follow along on my iPad but wasn’t planning on bring my laptop with. Will I be able to catch up with the “doing” later? Thanks for your advice.

bestcee likes this.
  11. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

Oh breaking out of ruts is the best! And @AnneofAlamo really is the best!! :wub

This class will be available for as long as I'm teaching online, so you have "lifetime" access to it and can work on it at your pace! You won't miss a thing, and the webinar will be available as a recording so you'll always have access!
    :woot

Karen and lmccandless like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Will you join in and help me get rid of my fears? I need lots of hand holding for this!

EHStudios likes this.
  13. bestcee

Yeah! We can learn together!

EHStudios likes this.
  14. bestcee

I'm doing it! I'm scared of art Journaling, but I love the pages I see! Who's with me? Plus, the pre registration price is so awesome! Great idea for something after MOC!

EHStudios likes this.
  15. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I loved taking your class about making a Junque Journal @Tangie Baxter ❤️

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Yay! It'll be so much fun. But I know we'll be perfect angels, won't we? :flirty

EHStudios, keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  17. bestcee

:compcoffee
    When have I ever been a perfect Angel? LOL! It will be :funfun

QuiltyMom likes this.
  18. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

BWWWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!

QuiltyMom and bestcee like this.
  19. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Paid now - and I am superexcited about this!!!!!

20. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I will be there!!! Purchased and excited!!

Tangie Baxter, Karen and bestcee like this.