April Showers | Pad Patter 4.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Apr 15, 2018.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We are supposed to get some pretty heavy rain this afternoon, and I am not complaining one little bit!! It's been a crazy week and we've been on the go every single day, so I look at the rain today as a sign to slow down and relax. I'm going to get some very neglected laundry done, scrap, and probably take a little nap later. I used to get pretty grumpy about rainy days, but I have learned to really appreciate them! And best of all, it's not snow!! :giggle

What about you? Do you love rainy days or hate them?

Christina W likes this.
  2. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We LOVE rain here, especially on days we can stay inside and listen to it coming down.

Today I am even more grateful for it. The pollen has left us all miserable this past week and I am grateful for the rain to wash some of it away.

I also hope I remember to get some pictures later of my daughter jumping in puddles because I certainly don’t have enough pictures of that!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yeah, I'm just glad it isn't snow. I don't think I could handle a "Five'easter"! I planted a bunch of seeds yesterday, so I'm happy for rain. I do hope to plant a bit more today before the rain starts this afternoon...we'll see if I get to it, though, because the sky is already quite gray. Maybe the rain will start sooner than predicted.

And usually I like rainy days--not horribly stormy days, but just rainy ones. Sometimes I'll venture out to the stores because they're usually less busy, which is nice.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

One of the things that made me look at rain differently was when my daughter told me, when she was about 5, that if it wasn't for rain, there would be no puddles to jump in. :)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. IntenseMagic

I love a good thunderstorm, but I also like it to come and go. We have way too many trees too close to the house and it makes me nervous when the wind gets bad.

Tree City likes this.
  6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Rain is the norm here, so it's a standard part of life.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I don't mind a rainy day - like you I use it to slow down and get stuff done inside. But the weather has been so blah lately that the rainy, snowy, or even just completely grey overcast days are really getting me down. (We did a beautiful friday and saturday though! that I am grateful for!) Today is back to cold and gloom ... and yes lots of rain in the forecast over the next 24-48 hours.

8. IntenseMagic

I know what you mean! We got a bit of a break and the last 3 or 4 days have been bright sunshine and 70s-80s, otherwise I probably wouldn't be so happy about the rainy day. It's been a long grey winter!!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I loved those midwestern thunderstorms but the Seattle continuous drizzles a bit depressing.:badmood

IntenseMagic and amien1 like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We're in a drought here, which is normal for this time of year. We get all of our rain during the "rainy season" starting in June.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I don't mind the rainy days as long as the sun comes out periodically. That is one thing that I LOVE about Eastern WA that I HATED about Western WA- here the Sun comes out almost every day. I don't miss that constant gray of western WA!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Definitely not a fan. Being in the Netherlands, rain is such a normal thing here and I don’t like it. Though I shouldn’t complain as we’ve been having amazing warm weather over the last two weeks. But today was rainy and grey and ugh.
    I do love a proper rainstorm at night when I’m in bed trying to sleep. Makes me feel cosy and safe and helps me fall asleep. Sometimes I go to bed early, just because it starts to rain and I don’t want to miss it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

During the night, I could hear sleet against the windows, but it wasn't as frightening as the wind that had subsided. I was surprised to see snow on the ground when I woke up this morning. It has been snowing off and on all day. But only a couple of inches of the white stuff.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

It depends. It rained on the last day of our beach trip last week, but that was ok since we used that day to do laundry and pack it all away. Then it snowed on the drive home. Then it snowed again when we got home. Now it's raining here, but, surprise - more snow is coming! I think I prefer the rain, especially in April. I'm done with snow!

15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

This. I'm so ready for a real Spring. Sunlight, warmer temps and a great breeze!

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sadly we are still having snow showers here! Lol! I don't mind the rain as long as I don't have to sit outside by a soccer field during it! :giggle

17. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

It poured almost all day yesterday and then switched to snow, which it is still doing now.

I love a rainy day... especially a good thunderstorm! But my dog hates them and I spend my day tripping over her as she's right by my side the entire time.

18. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

It's been raining rays of sunshine for as long as I can remember now! No rain in site, but if someone would like to do a weather swap I'd be down!