April 2017 Book Club - Remember Me?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Mar 30, 2017.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I hear you on going back and forth among books Rae @bcgal00
    I've been reading Bernie Sander's Our Revolution since November, off and on, off and on. I started re-reading Rick Riordan's books last month because my daughter has been obsessed with them for at least a year. I had read them to all of my kids a few years ago at bedtime but I kept falling asleep while reading and they took over reading the books themselves. So I'm sketchy on the story. And even though they're considered middle school level books, they're still great stories!
    AND right after I finished Remember Me? I got Chernow's Alexander Hamilton biography (on which the musical, which is another of Caroline's current obsessions, is based) from the library and I'm two l-o-n-g chapters into that. It's much heavier reading than Remember Me? :D But very interesting!
    Oh, yeah, and there's The Visual Toolbox by David Duchemin that I've been reading for years and am currently studying and practicing with a group at Clickinmoms. And if you go to my Goodreads page it says I'm currently reading 5 books, but only one is something I'm truly currently reading: the second Percy Jackson book, Sea of Monsters. The other books I still haven't gotten around to finishing even though I started them years ago. I probably would like to finish most of them someday, but wish I could delete them from my account until then. I haven't found a way to do that though. Anyone else?

2. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I just put this one on hold and I suspect it will be ready Monday as I'm #1 on the list. I'm glad it's a fast read as I have a couple of fat ones that all came in at once. I'm also reading the Philippa Gregory queen series this year and really need to have a wall of the British royal family from the 1400s etc. I'm up to The Red Queen at least!

3. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I loved this one! I read it a long time ago- when I went through a spell & read everything she ever wrote! ;) The shopaholic series is fun & cute. Most of her books are easy, fun reads.

That was one of my favorites of her's!

tinkerbell1112 and bellbird like this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Im about 4 or 5 chapters in to this months book. Its nice when characters dialogue & thinking is straight forward (& sounds like my normal speech & thinking) lol

5. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

I read all types of books but I have to admit that I took this one back to the library after four chapters. Just not my style.

6. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Just finished! Enjoyed it as a light, fun read! Now on to the big question....what to read next?! :)

bellbird likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm about half way thru - not enjoying it as much as some of her other books...

if you've read Sophie's books before, have you got a fave?

Of the ones I've read, I loved 'I've Got Your Number' most

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  8. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I'm not a very big Sophie Kinsella fan, but this book had intrigued me enough to put it on my TBR list, so I thought I'd give it a go. It wasn't bad, and it wasn't hard to get through. It made me thankful I'm a scrapbooker. The fear of losing my memory is one of the reasons why I scrapbook. I don't want to forget, so the stories I tell paired with my pictures give me hope that I'll be able to jog my memory if needed. Lexi needed a journal or a personal scrapbook or something!

9. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Finished this off a few days ago and here's my thoughts (in white).
    1. As per her other books, it's a fast, easy read. But I don't know if it's me or if it's the repetitive nature of her books, but I started to lose interest about 2/3 through it. Her flightly thought pattern started to get boring so I had to skim a bit, enough to finish off the last pages quickly but still following the gist of the storyline. I did enjoy the ending though, even though it was totally predictable,you knew she would end up with him, but still fun to read how it ended.
    2. I wish a few of the other characters had been fleshed out a bit more...especially Jon (that was his name, right?).
    3. All in all, I did enjoy it, did read it pretty quickly, just wish it had a teeny bit more depth to it KWIM?

10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I got the large print from our library too! LOL JUST starting to read this. I also ordered the book for May and I got a call and went and picked it up from the library today! Now to get them both read!

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am more blind than I thought the Large Print is NOT large enough for me.

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm not much into chicklit but I gave this one 1 day and 3 Goodreads stars. Easy reading nice fluff and the story's not bad. It's the kind of book I'd never buy and yet for a beach read etc it was only good for a day's worth of reading for me.

On the The Secret Daughter!

sm_amber likes this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

REMEMBER ME IS $1.99 TODAY ON AMAZON (for kindle)! Sorry this is so late in the day, but I wanted to share. :)

bellbird likes this.
  14. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

this was a fun fluff read. i enjoyed it thoughyou needed to suspend disbelief quite a lot

bellbird and Karen like this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I started this last night finally and just like all other books by this author, I was sucked in easily and am enjoying the ride. I love a nice fluff book that I don't have to try so hard to like. Lol! I stayed up past my bedtime and I'm already 1/3 done with it. :)

bellbird and umyesh like this.
  16. Sokee

bellbird and busywoman139 like this.
  17. Sokee

So I completed Remember Me. It was good. I would of rated it better if.....
    • a few more of my questions would of been answered. Like I was totally confused with her and Eric's marriage. But I guess that was how the author wanted it as Lexi did lose 3 years of her memories.... and was it the three years she knew Eric and that is why her brain would not remember. lol
    • How do you get to the point so fast that you live as a totally different person than you were before? I kept thinking was it the first time when she fell down the stairs, did she bump her head? Then to find out it was because of what happened at her dad's funeral. I liked my reason better. lol
    • And at the meeting when she decided to leave him they introduced a person Steve which they never followed up with and then mentioned that there was a briefcase outside the door which right away I was thinking that was that person's and they should of 'known' better'. My mind was half going to was that a 'personal' person in Eric's life that Lexi didn't know about? Then they never addresses the two after that page. Why introduce it? I mean why question it when she had no memories of her time with Eric......................?
    • Jon, I do like how it ended. A small memory, but it was enough for Lexi to realize she did have deep feelings for him. I know she realized when she got to his apartment and all of her stuff was there and it felt right. She just could not feel it in her heart. Poor Jon. Could you imagine!?

umyesh and busywoman139 like this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I finished this last night... or should I say early this morning. Whoops! :giggle I stayed up until 1:00 am because I just found it so easy to read and i just had to know how it all ended up. Lol. Then as I finished and set down my phone (I read on my phone) I realized that was the worst possible night to stay up so late... I have to drive 1.5 hours tonight after work for a funeral and I'll then have to drive home in the dark tonight. I don't do well driving at night when it's dark, especially on only 5 hours sleep. Thankfully my Mom will be with me, so she'll talk my ears off and keep me awake.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the book. I agree with @gillscott that you have to just suspend disbelief and go with it and enjoy the silly ride. That's why I always love this author's books. @Sokee I forgot about that briefcase and thought for sure that was going to be something that sparked a memory for her, but they never came back to that. weird. And yes... I felt so bad for Jon.

umyesh likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i finished it now too - it's a lot lighter than i've been reading lately at least.
    My fave part that had me smiling/chuckling was (in white) the fish in the loo! i was so over loft living that i put the book down for a bit; dont think i've done that with a Sophie book before; but i'm so glad she gave it a go at being the mean boss with Fi's help to try to save the dept. near the end and randomly met that shop assistant that remembered her buying a shirt a year ago!Yes i susended disbelief a bit too but i quite like her almost 2D comic style of characterisation like Lexi's Mum as the crazy dog lady and how it's a bit more clear cut who the good guys and bad guys are... it's a good 'don't think about it too much, just read the words' book

busywoman139 and umyesh like this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

@Sokee re: Jon - he had me at the sunflower seeds, who needs memories?! (the cover of my copy has a car like a wedding limo covered in sunflowers so after that balcony bit i went straight to 'oh they get married', Sophie's full of red herrings! :nod

umyesh likes this.