Anyone thinking about next year?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Dec 14, 2017.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I plan on doing CY365 photo prompts and will definitely be scrapping them. I decided that my life is what it is and I do enjoy it so why not document it.

I don't have a set design yet but I have some time off next week that I will get some plans together.

candyK and bestcee like this.
  2. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

I'll be doing Project Life again and want to make changes but will think it over and plan in the time between Christmas and New Year. I totally agree with you on big, basic, everyday type sets!!!!! Designers I'd love this!!!!

It is harder here in the Southern Hemisphere where our seasons are opposite. I stopped buying MPM because they were too themed and tied to seasons and US holidays. As for Christmas kits, as in Summer Christmas it is not easy. No snowmen or ice crystals or pine trees or deer here unfortunately. (Think swimming, beach, salads, cold seafood platters, watermelon and mosquitoes) One day I will travel to northern hemisphere for a white christmas and then will be able to use all the christmas kits I have bought but never used LOL.

3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I mentioned earlier I was not sure on my direction... but I will be doing hybrid Project Life next year!

I have ordered all the physical components I need to get going and it feels like Christmas as they show up at my door!

I am nervous about being able to keep up with it, but I know going in that I will just need to make it a priority if I want to succeed and get it done.

I cannot wait!

bestcee likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I wish I had photos from when I was a teen in the late 1990's and gas was under $1.00! I love seeing old photos with prices in them.

How fun! I have a bunch of pages from just DH and me when we were first married, (we didn't have a kid for 9 years). My kid thinks they are awesome. He doesn't believe that we had a life before him somedays.

janedee likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I agree with this. The kit I used for my Week In Review 9 years ago had 49 papers! Turns out it was a mega kit from a place called ScrapNArt. I would love a kit with lots of papers, solids and patterns (bold and subtle) in basic primary colors with pops of other colors (pink, lime green, turquoise, aqua, lavender etc). Just think about all the combinations you can get with 49 papers!

6. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Merry Christmas. I may hop on board for 2018. I've always done months for my books but usually a year or two behind. I bought swl monthly 2016 &2017 templates a bit ago. And was amazed how quickly I at least got the pictures organized. I think if I did weekly I could journal more. I may try to do weekly next year but at a minimum stay on top of monthly!

bestcee likes this.
  7. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I wasn't planning on it, but I am growing on this idea. Some weeks I hardly have any photos at all and my weekly spread seems silly. Other weeks I have too many photos and I want to give all of them attention. By going with your approach I can actually do that...

Any advice?
    What do you do if you get behind? Or are you so perfect that you're always up to date? :flirty

8. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I really have enjoyed this approach for 2017... definitely eased the pressure of what to do with too few photos or too many.

As for getting behind... I do it all of the time! I think the last day I've completed was November 20th. The key thing for me has been keeping a diary of sorts. I got a planner for last year (and another one just like it for this year) and I make notes each day about what we did and what photos were taken (and by which camera or if I need to get photos from other people). It sounds more involved than it is, just a few quick notes so I know what to include in either journaling or photos. Being behind doesn't stress me out so much when I know I have it all recorded. I use the Smiley Scheduler from Mochi Things. I like it because it has two ribbon bookmarks. One marks the day I'm on as far as writing stuff down and the other one marks how far I've gotten done for PL.... sometimes those ribbons are really close together, other times they're really far apart! :giggle

berniek likes this.
  9. candyK

candyK Member

Noob alert. Can someone plz provide full title for search or link to the 'Mommy template'? I'm considering trying to do a year, not sure if by months or by weeks; kits or just one for the year? lots of good information in this thread. Thanks!
    TIA,
    candyK

10. tkradtke

Here's the link to the actions... Pocket Template Maker Actions 2. I love these things!

bestcee likes this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I’m not sure what scrapping I’m going to do but I am going to start taking photos constantly so when I finally decide my plan I’ll have photos to use

bestcee and berniek like this.
  12. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I've started PL each year, but I don't usually get too far! I have 2012 completed which I feel is a huge feat, but my daughter looks at it and wonders where she is! Oops! I have to get a book completed that has her in it! I'm halfway through 2016, so I'd like to finish that one alongside the 2018 one.

I'm hoping to keep things super simple. I just uploaded all of my PL cards to Google Photos hoping that it will help me when I'm trying to choose cards. I feel like that takes the most time (apart from culling and editing photos). I'm constantly looking for the right card.

I'm also hoping to get a workflow down that makes more sense. If I keep up with 2018, I think those shouldn't be too hard, but going back to 2016 summer pics really takes it out of me! I feel like there are so many pictures to wade through of vacations and sports and birthdays. And all of my videos are being held hostage on an old hard drive that needs to be recovered. So now I wonder if I shouldn't do those pages until I get the hard drive recovered. Perfection is taking over progress...

Any good places to find some inspiration? I'm going to try to hit the galleries here, but I'm looking for something stylistically that would set 2018 apart from 2012 and 2016. Otherwise I feel like they all blend together too much...or maybe I'm overthinking. Maybe just a new set of fonts of something. Or a new set of yearly cards.

13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

So, 2013 is straight up grid style pages. 2014? Different templates. I picked templates by the photos I wanted to use. I used a bunch of the SWL weekly ones, so it looks different than the grid format.

14. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Tracy inspired me to do this last year and I really like the approach.

KellyM likes this.
  15. dawnmarch

I was actually thinking about moving back to premade templates -- but maybe ones like Just Jaimee has that are a bit more embellished. I liked the Mommyish action but found that I was really really not creative about making pages with it. Most of my pages ended up in the basic PL template formats anyway -- with it just taking longer with the action.

16. dawnmarch

I agree with this. I get both but use Storyteller more. It tends to more versatile -- i.e., less narrowly "themed" -- and to have more packed into it. I'm not sure I'll continue with MPM this year.

17. tkradtke

18. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

19. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Awesome suggestion on the color dotting technique! I will easily add this to my process!

michelepixels likes this.
  20. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

I TOTALLY agree. I get so bogged down in color matching. It really adds a lot of time to my overall process and productivity! Or lack there of!!!:circles

tkradtke likes this.