Anyone have a Nikon D750?

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, Mar 30, 2017.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

I recently upgraded from a Nikon D5000 to a D750. What a jump! I think I will love it, but trying to figure out where and how everything works has been a little challenging. I also haven't spent that much time bonding with the camera yet, but hoping that will change here pretty quick.

To learn how to shoot manual I had taken an online class by Maggie Holmes and I am comfortable shooting manual. It's just trying to figure out how to do manual in the new camera! LOL

I looked at a class on Creative Live and thought about taking it. Anyone have any suggestions??

2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I do!! I made the same jump last April. I love it. It's sure a lot heavier. Manual is soo much easier on the 750. Aperture is the front wheel and shutter is the back wheel. (or reversed ... I always get confused). ISO has the little button above the "i" on the back and then you can use the back dial to adjust. Even now, I still need to google random stuff. I think I watched a couple videos I found through google on setting up your D750.

Here's the big, juice question ... what lenses do you have????

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  3. KatrinaHunt13

oh...I am a bad girl! LOL I have a 50 f/1.8, the 24-120 kit lens...and then I splurged and got the 24-70 f/2.8. That one I haven't even put on the camera yet! LOL The 50 I have had for a few years and it rarely came off my camera. It's the one that I learned to shoot manual with and it's my baby! I am hoping that the 24-70 will become my bestie once I figure out the new body!!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  4. enjoyyourpix

i have the 24-70 2.8 too. Love it!!!

5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Have fun with your new camera. I have 2 nikons and love them both. You'll love the 24-70!

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I wish...... still have my D3200 but saving my money for a new body.

Have you ever used Sigma lens? I really like them and they are less $$ than comparable Nikon lens.

7. KatrinaHunt13

@BevG No, I haven't. I have heard good things about them though and may look into them in the future. Although, how many lenses does a girl need?! :yippee

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

You can always get more....
    I have the Sigma f2.8 17-50mm, the Sigma 105mm macro/portrait, and the Sigma 18-300mm. I really wanted the Sigma 150-600mm but it was about $1,000 and it weighs a lot - more than I wanted to tramp through the woods with, so I got the 18-300mm instead.

bestcee and enjoyyourpix like this.
  9. enjoyyourpix

My 24-70 2.8 is a Tamron VR. The Sigma Art lenses are really good but I have no "reason" to get 1.4.

I have 4 lenses right now that I'd love to have, if they weren't so expensive!!

busywoman139 likes this.
  10. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

This is the 24-70 I have as well and it is my favorite lens by far! Heavy, but worth the weight! :)

KatrinaHunt13 and enjoyyourpix like this.
  11. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

My original zoom lens was a Sigma 18-200, and I got a Tamron 16-300 for Christmas last year. I like the Tamron much better than I did the Sigma. The Sigma wasn't bad (although I got a lot of lens creep with it), I just think the Tamron is better.

KatrinaHunt13, enjoyyourpix and BevG like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Not so savvy momtographer wants to know....What's lens creep?

13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

@bestcee If I didn't lock it in place, it would telescope out when the camera was tilted or pointed down. Most of the time the way I hold the camera when it's around my neck it wasn't a big deal, but occasionally I would be using both hands for something and next thing I knew the lens was all the way out instead of tight with the camera.

KatrinaHunt13 and enjoyyourpix like this.