Anybody Chatbook?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by LoveItScrapIt, Jan 18, 2017.

1. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Does any one Chatbook? Have you used their service? What do you think about it? Quality? Issues?

So I'm thinking of using them, but not for my photos per say...I'd like to make an album on FB for my layouts and actually get some of them done in the mini book size. Layouts that are mainly title, date, non-journaled. I think this could be my solution to getting the hundreds of layouts I have done out into the real world. Since they wouldn't have a ton of journaling, they wouldn't have to be huge and then my family could actually enjoy them.

So anyone have experience with them??

They gave me a code so that you can get your first album/book for FREE!!!!!!
    Just follow the link!!! :D

http://invite.chatbooks.com/kianafitzpatrick0ji

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I just went to check it out. That's pretty neat. I don't have any experience with them, but I did the Instagram version really quick just to see what it would look like. I'm going to have to play with it some more and I'll definitely be following here to see if anyone has any experience.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I ordered from them when Clickinmoms offered a discount last year. It was a good experience and the quality of the books is good. I wouldn't like the size for scrapbook pages though; too small.

I haven't ordered from them again only because I have preferred ways to print my photos (like on my scrapbook pages in a 12x12 Blurb album).

4. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

I've been using chatbooks for about a year and a half now and I love it!! I have a subscription where it puts my instagrams in a book. I get a book sent to me every 60 instagram photos. I just received my latest yesterday (volume 25). My kids love looking through these, too!!!

5. LoveItScrapIt

I like my layouts at 12x12 too, but it's so expensive. I thought maybe my non-journaled pages would be a good fit for the mini albums. Thanks

michelepixels likes this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

Thanks for the input everyone!!! :D I'm gonna try them out ...I'll let you know how it turns out!

bestcee and jenn mccabe like this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Have you looked at a 10x10 or 8x8 size? I like those sizes sometimes depending on the project.

8. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

OK, now you have my curiosity in the rise. Will have to see what this is all about.

9. LoveItScrapIt

Yes I've gotten 8x8 albums for the grands as presents, and still that's expensive, especially since those only give you 20 pages standard and each extra is more $$.

I'm leaning more and more towards trying this out for my non-journaled pages. Thinking next month I'll give it a go. I'll definitely let you all know how it turns out.

bestcee likes this.
  10. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Courtney, I love the thought of 10x10, but all of my albums to date are 12x12. I'd hate to not have the consistency in size. Too bad they didn't have them way back when I started printing albums!

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have a bunch that are 8x8 (free Shutterfly ones), and then my PL are 12x12. I have loose prints in 12x12 too. So I'm thinking of moving to 10x10 for bound books. I totally see your conundrum though.

12. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

Now I'm curious about Chatbooks, too!

All my layouts are 12x12, but when I print Shutterfly books, they are 8x8. When I print pages, they are 12x12, and the few paper scrapbooks I've done are 12x12. My son says he doesn't care (he's 17), although I think he prefers 8x8.

13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

All my scrap pages are now done in 8 x 8, and have been for years. That way they fit an A4printing paper,you only have to trim the ends. Mostly I print myself,it comes super expensive to have a photo book printed and posted to Malta. It is the postage that gets you every time ! Will have a look at this through.

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

15. LoveItScrapIt

The link is still active, but only for a few more days I think.

No shipping charges. No album charges. TOTALLY FREE

16. LoveItScrapIt

There's still time to grab your FREE Chatbooks album. No shipping charges either. Completely FREE.

I got my first two albums in the mail today and will be doing my official review on Youtube soon. But until then, I will say, I am going to continue using this service. I'll be getting my next two albums done SOON!!!!

Here's what they look like.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/39/6d/2d/396d2d95afb573a9082d6ee1541b215b.jpg

Many of my photos were OLD. I mean from using those old flip phone cameras and the old digital cameras you could get a Walmart for like $20. And these albums make them look pretty good. I think any newer smart phone photos are going to look AWESOME!!!! I'll be using this again!!!!

If you want to go ahead and try it out before the link expires in a few days, you should!!!
    Grab your album free. - http://invite.chatbooks.com/kianafitzpatrick0ji

17. LoveItScrapIt

Okay so I can now come back after having received a few volumes of my own Chatbooks.

I am 100% impressed and satisfied. I love that I can finally get lots of my photos off my hard drive and into albums. Many of the photos I chose are ones that I'm not going to scrap. But I also got some scrapbook layouts done too. I decided that for all my "pretty" layouts. The ones where I may not have a lot of journaling if any at all, I would get them in these 6x6 mini albums. Just to get them out and into my hands. There's really no need for me to have pages upon pages of layouts that I did for a challenge, or whatever reason that have no story to them in a big 12x12 or even 10x10 album that are so expensive to get printed. I don't get to print those expensive albums often so I want to make every page count.

My layouts in these 6x6 albums, look so awesome. I mean, the colors are true to what I was seeing on my monitor and they are crisp and clean. No pixelation. Even layouts that had a few photos on them, I can see the photos clearly. Most of my journaling on these consists of maybe a date and place some have nothing, just a title.

I know this is the normal thing for a digiscrapper. We want those big huge albums, but for me, this will work perfectly for layouts like this, and the price point of $8 is not even breaking my bank. Now I can scrap to my hearts content knowing that my story filled pages can go in the bigger albums and for sake of getting things printed I can get these little cute albums.

They are very sturdy and I won't have to worry about my kids looking through them either!! :D

Seriously, if you were even thinking about this after seeing my original post, try it. You will get your first book ABSOLUTELY free. No shipping unless you choose the expedited one.

Anyway, if you have questions, ask away. I'll try to take some photos tomorrow. :D

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  18. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I've been curious and I am TOTALLY in love with their advertisements!! OMG. I want to be friends with her! LOL! I've watched every possible one.

Also, thank you for the photo proof and feed back. I'm curious to see your first book too. I'd have to make a separate account I think for these because I'd post pictures or whatever that I really don't particularly want in the book so I've been kinda hesitant as well as what their quality was. But the other places I've looked are really expensive and out of my price range.

19. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

My daughter has done a chatbook. She did all her selfies with characters from our Disney trip last summer. She loves it - each page has a single picture and text that she added underneath. I would say for what you pay, the quality is pretty good. The paper is a nice weight. I felt like the color could have been a little more vivid, but she didn't do any photo editing - maybe that would have helped.

I think it is perfect for some of those everyday life photos that you may not scrap. Also, for a mini-album type project that has a theme, like my daughter's selfies.

enjoyyourpix and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  20. LoveItScrapIt

I actually have a Youtube review from the picture albums I received. I'll have to take pictures of the scrapbook layout album I received yesterday. Sorry I'm talking low on this, hubby was sleeping downstairs and was sick.