Amazon Prime peeps what did everyone get as their Kindle First selection?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Jun 28, 2016.

1. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

What did people get for August?? enable me

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

For once, I knew which book I wanted right away... I think mostly because most of them hadn't been rated at all yet on Goodreads and this one was rated really well... so I picked "The Things We Wish Were True".

3. gillscott

gillscott Waldo's just my alias

i've got after disasters but havent started it yet

4. norton94

I ended up investigating a bit too since I was afraid I'd forget to go back and order. I also selected the one you picked Karen... it just sounded best for my preferences and was reviewed better too. Thanks Gill and Karen :)

5. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I'm with you. I love a good series, not so much one-off books. I want characters I know and am comfortable with!

AllisonPennington and norton94 like this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

While I don't read e-books I too love series but then when it's over? and even worse...the author dies! It's like a family member has gone. :cry

KarenW and norton94 like this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thank you for this thread! I had no idea about this until now. Gotta love free books!

8. cookingmylife

I actually downloaded a book in August but it's on my iPad which I don't use very often. I'll have to check to see what I got!

9. cookingmylife

Well so much for my Prime books. My iPad died and I'm not sure I'm going to replace it. :(

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That's a bummer! You can read your kindle books on a regular computer too. Or watch for the kindle fires to go on sale. I got one for $39.99 earlier this year. It works pretty darn good for so cheap!

11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Like @Karen said, that's a bummer! DH's is on its last leg, and I'm trying to convince him to get a Kindle Fire. They have a model that starts at like $50. I love my HD10 model and I got it on sale around the holidays last year for about $199 (reg. $250, I think). Anyway, if you HAVE to have a tablet, like I do, then perhaps that's a "better" option? Also, if you have an iPhone, you can read your Kindle books on it. I do that in a pinch.
    NOTE: Apple fans, please don't hate me for my non-iPad recommendation! :hide

12. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I bought a Kindle Fire at Christmas . . . it was on sale for $35 . . . I use it to read, watch Netflix, connect to Facebook, etc. Right now, it's $50. I like that it syncs with the Kindle app on my phone, so I can go back and forth between devices when reading the same book and it keeps my place.

https://amzn.com/B00TSUGXKE

13. norton94

I got mine at Black Friday sales time... maybe it was Cyber MOnday? Anyway like the ladies said before $35 and it's super

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! And it goes on sale often! We bought that one for my kid, although we added on the extra memory. Now I have his old one, and a regular old reading only kindle.

Tree City likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

Since both my iPad and my old MacBookPro have given up the ghost this week Both were hand me downs from dh. I think I'm just going to get another but smaller iPad. Not really sure but ebooks are really not me and I've found most of the free ones are worth just about that much - for me. DH buys a lot for his iPad but they are pricey history books. Yawn.