All Expense Paid Vacation? | Pad Patter 4.19.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm still in a bit of escapism mode since it's STILL snowing randomly here in Michigan. :giggle My boys both play soccer and everything keeps getting canceled because it's too cold and snowy... in APRIL! LoL!

So... my question for the day is, if you could have an all expense paid vacation to anywhere in the world... where would you go?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If I could go anywhere... I'd pick Europe mostly because I love to go see the history there and have things be different than in the US. Everything here is pretty much the same no matter where you go, and I'd love to see differences! I love to start in Italy and go all over the place! But I'd also love to see London and Paris and Spain! I of course would have a driver to take me wherever I wanted to go and I'd eat out at a different place every day! :)

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I would love a relaxed not so hectic cruise of the world. A few days in each location, so I can check it out, see things, or just sit and watch the people/life of the location, and not be rushed like regular cruises that you get one day in a location. It would have to include so many places that it would take a year, :giggle I'd want a local host if needed to bring me around to meet the people, join in some fun, and show me the best food!

Christina W, Sokee, Karen and 2 others like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love the UK so I would have to say I would go back there to Ireland, England and Scotland. Of course I love Germany too.. and one day I would love to maybe go to Italy or Denmark, but they are not on my immediate list.

Christina W and Karen like this.
  5. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I really want to visit Alaska. My dream is to see the Northern Lights. And maybe it is because I live in the Southern United States, but I don’t tire of the cold- the heat and summer I dislike before it even arrives!

Karen and jk703 like this.
  6. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Oh, that's tough, but somewhere in Europe... everywhere in Europe. Although, honestly, right now if someone would pay for it, I'd go back to China to see my boy!

Karen and Cherylndesigns like this.
  7. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I would take my kids to Australia, where my husband and I took our honeymoon. I'd use the opportunity to also take pictures with a digital camera. Lol. I didn't have one when we went!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Karen likes this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'd love to check out continental Europe. I've been to the British Isles (which are lovely and I want to see again!), but I'd like to start in either Berlin or Amsterdam and tour Europe. I want to end in Greece. Maybe Turkey. If all expenses are paid, then I'm with you, Karen, and I'm hiring a driver. I'd also like a translator. I took German in high school and Spanish in college, but I don't know anyone who fluently speaks those languages who'd want to chat with me to keep up my skills. Anyway, that's why having a translator would be nice. :)

Karen and Rikki like this.
  9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Australia and New Zealand for me. Been dreaming about that for over 30 years!

But, I do like @jk703 's idea.

Karen and jk703 like this.
  10. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

My son is in a Rock Band, through the local music studio where he has guitar lessons, and six of the studio bands were supposed to perform last Sunday. It was cancelled for weather, because of all the snow!

I'd love to take a few months and just drive around the country -- I love to drive to places for our vacations, but we just don't get enough days off to go farther than two or three states away. It's all about the journey for me, and just a little bit about the destination!

Karen likes this.
  11. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

I think Asia - including China, S Korea, India. I feel like I can handle a lot of the world myself since I am pretty good getting by in the romance languages but Asia is completely different. So it would be great to have all-expense paid guides everywhere!

Karen likes this.
  12. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Next on my bucket list is Iceland. New Zealand and Australia are right up there on the list.

Karen and BevG like this.
  13. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I think a European tour - France, Germany, Italy, England, etc. I lived in Belgium as a child and travelled quite a bit, but my dh and kiddos haven't been at all. I would love to experience it with them.

Karen likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'd go to The Great Wall of China. Of course, I'd have to fly a long time to get there and I think I've mentioned my DISLIKE of flying. If I could be "whisked away" that would be great. LOL

15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

This is a tough one...I have so many placed I'd love to go!! I think I'd use the Pack Up and Go travel agency....you take a survey and they surprise you with a destination.

Christina W, Karen and jk703 like this.
  16. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Greece definitely and my niece just moved there so I would have a built in tour guide (even though all my expenses have been paid).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    Karen likes this.
  17. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, since I won't get on a plane, I would love a totally loaded camper and just travel all around the United States. There are so many places I would love to see!!

Karen and HavaDrPepper like this.
  18. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

my dream is to to to St Petersburg in Russia

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  19. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I'd go on a river cruise.
    @Angela There is an awesome sounding river cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg, :)

20. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Sara, I'll volunteer if you want to try out your German.

Karen and Tree City like this.