Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Serena, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I'm almost singing it to the RENT song.. you know.. that moments song.. I don't know I haven't heard it much but it's the only song I like from that thing I watched like.. once.

Anyway. I'm exhausted.

Work got upended, we no longer do certain invoices one way and then that dumped six thousand two hundred and eighty five invoices to have done by 3/27 and a couple thousand by 4/23.

Which means.. that I filed six thousand two hundred and eighty five invoices from the early part of February until the 27th. I'm ALMOST done with the 4/23 ones... but man.

That meant rolling out of bed, getting on the computer, working, logging off, peeling myself out of my chair and plopping into bed. Rinse. Repeat. I'm SO glad I don't have to commute to work... I can't even imagine trying to do all that AND look human at the same time...

Or the amount of time I would have lost working while driving 45 minutes to work and then 45 to home.

So! Now that I can KINDA breathe! HI! !!!! I miss you guys like WOAH. HUGS. I hope you're all doing well!

EHStudios, wvsandy and cfile like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Whew! I'm worn out just reading this. LOL You're lucky you can work from home. Good luck!

Serena likes this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Phew! That's quite a workout!

Serena likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love that you can work from home! I wish! I hope that thing settle down, and you can take a breather now! Great to have you back around these parts! :)

Serena likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh Serena ... your month sounds like my last 4 weeks! I've been in a whirlwind of busy myself, and have had only a little time to pop in here as of late myself ... so waving back at you and wishing things stay settled for you so you can hang out more here. Your job sounds like it has been down right exhausting. Good thing you were able to do it from home! Anyway ... welcome back dear one! :beat

Serena likes this.
  6. Serena

ROFL!!! I'm so tired I was like.. wait... four weeks is... (and I'm an accountant person!!!! LOL!!!:lmao Luckily I don't "do the math" I just file the claims and get us lots of money back!) SUPER hugs dear friend!

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Bless your heart! So glad that you are maybe starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! It's so great to see you!!

Serena likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Been missing your sweet smile and squishy hugs!!!! Glad you are back. :yippee:love

Serena likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

[​IMG]
    That sounds like way too many invoices! I can picture you like this:
    [​IMG]

EHStudios likes this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

oh gosh Serena @Serena so glad you could work from home and glad you are almost done. That is a lot of filing my dear. Hugs and so glad you are back my dear!

Serena likes this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

well your busy streak seems like it lasted more than 4 weeks my dear. i hope you've been able to relax the last day or two and do something special for yourself ..... like maybe NAP?!?! :P

Serena likes this.
  12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

:throwpc

Oh wait!! I need that to scrapbook so I can escape work!!!

Serena likes this.
  13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! That is an insane amount of work in a short time! You must have had little speedy typing fingers that whole time! I'd be dreaming about it if I had that much to do during the day! Glad you're getting towards the end and had time to pop back in here!

Funny that you mention that Rent song... I actually just watched Rent this weekend for the first time. I liked the movie well enough, but I thought the music was "meh" For as popular as that show was, I was surprised that a lot of the songs weren't great. And now I'm singing that moments song in my head. Thanks. :giggle

Serena likes this.
  14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Totally thought of Rent when I saw the title of your thread. Girl, you deserve a break!

Serena likes this.
  15. Serena

::super hugs for her Jan @IntenseMagic ::

::SQUISHY hugs for her Bev @BevG :: Love the new signature, so pretty!

Courtney... Courtney... Courtney.. :compcoffee@bestcee I don't have cherry coke today, the only thing that was in the fridge was someone else's Dr. Pepper that I stole because I need caffeine. (he owes me anyway. lol!!) I am now slightly caffeine-less.. I was dumb enough to read while drinking. (You'd THINK I'd learn with this place..) I wish I could frame that gif to hang up above my desk. My supervisor would crack up and agree...

::super hugs for her Christa! @cfile :: All these new and cool signatures are so motivating! I love the shadowing you did on your letters in your name! So cool!

@jenn mccabe Still working, but I spoiled myself by coming here and then I've got some purchases from all the hours I've worked. lol! :D Definitely loving the paychecks, that's for sure. I'm not used to getting so many hours. My bestie is coming over in a few hours too, I haven't seen her in FOREVAR. So there's spoiling myself number three. :) :pigout

@Sokee OMG Miss Barb!! That was the FIRST thing I thought was "WAIT! I Need that computer to play with photos and LP!!! My poor photoshop and lightroom are SOOOO dusty right now. I've picked up the camera maybe 4 times in the last little bit and it was to pop off a shot or two of the things I got and then back to work.

@Karen What is fantastic is that NOBODY likes my job. It's "too boring" and whatnot. They went through SEVERAL people before they got me and then on down time the others in the accountant team help file some. They ALL complain and have NO idea how I do this day in and day out. :bird I love it. It's weird, but it's almost relaxing. I turn on my music and zone. I'm SO awful about "classics" most of them I don't like. I only like Chicago with Renee, Cathering Zel and Richard Gere. I didn't really like Rent or the music and I haven't even SEEN Les Miserable. And I haven't read it either... I know.. someone just fainted because of my lack of ... classics. heh. (Also, SORRY! lol! Uhm.. How about "Itttt'ssssss a smaaaalll world aaaaaaaafter alllllll!" ? That better? hehe, I better run..)

@ashleywb hehe! Thank you ma'am!! :fairydance

Karen, jenn mccabe and cfile like this.
  16. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I checked on your profile a few times to see if you logged on and we had just been two ships passing in the night, but nope... you weren’t here for awhile. I was starting to get worried, but I know that there can also be this weird type of fatigue after MOC. SOooo happy to see our squishy soul poet is back on the scene. I missed you!!! :glomp

Serena likes this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

WOAH!!! You've been a busy little mouse! Hopefully things will setting back to a new normal soon!

Serena likes this.
  18. Serena

@londoncuppa hello twinsie!! Hee.. MoC fatigue was NOTHING compared to this... I've done like four invoices today where I've usually gotten at least 20 done by 12. Nope. I cannot focus. My bestie will be here soon and I'm Pretty sure work is shot for the day. But I'll be working Saturday and Sunday too so it doesn't matter too much. I've been "at work" logged in all day but I'll only charge them for an hour today. lol. Not THEIR fault I'm burnt out today. P.S: I've missed you too!!!

It's amazing the amount of "better" my soul feels when I've come here. I REALLY need to scrap soon. Then I'll start being right as rain!

@bbymks5 Minni Mouse!! ::HUGS:: things are slowing down. I figure I'll throw up a protest sign soon and do nothing but scrap for a day or two.. lol. I hope things are great for you as well!

bbymks5 likes this.
  19. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I will picket with you! You deserve a break!

Serena likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! :giggle

Serena likes this.