5 Ways to Get More Out of Your Kits

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by SirScrapalot, Jun 27, 2017.

1. SirScrapalot

SirScrapalot Tackling my to-do list with gusto

Hey y'all! I just posted a new blog post about the five ways I make sure I am stretching my digi kit purchases. Check it out!

[​IMG]
    How do you stretch your digi purchases??

jesskab, Chippi, MrsGaramer and 2 others like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I like to mix kits too! Add some blues from Danyale, some yellow from Jaimee, and some red from Kristin and there's a whole new kit created!

Thanks for the tips!

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Love this! I've tagged a few basics I like, but you've made me realize that I should make it a habit!

I also have a folder in my DS kits folder that's named RECENTLY PURCHASED (yes, it's really in caps lol). I put a shortcut for new kits in there. After I back up the items to my EHDs, I move them to my kits folder and create the shortcut, which stays until I scrap with the kit. This helps me (1) remember to scrap with something I bought cuz my Kits folder is big lol and (2) keeps me updated on what type of kit, designers, or colors I'm currently drawn to. That helps me with purchases, and sometimes with maximizing my stash cuz I can mix/match right there.

4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Great article, Aaron!

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

great ideas Aaron! i like #3 ... very true that i would be more likely to use the kit to the max if i just kept it open and scrapped a few pages at once!

6. SirScrapalot

So glad everyone is liking the article!

7. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

8. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

This is a great article Aaron, thanks for sharing your ideas!

9. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Great post, Aaron!! Thanks for all the helpful tips!!

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@SirScrapalot What a great blog article! It reminds me to tag more. I keep forgetting but it's something I like to do b/c it saves so much time later.

11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Good idea to scrap multiple pages at once. I think that would be awesome for doing some sort of themed page for multiple years (every other April we go to the same festival, or take a similar vacation, or something), or an album.

That would also be useful for power scrapping!

12. SirScrapalot

13. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

power scrapping is just a term for how you did your PL catch up blog post from ages ago. Catching up in 1 hr a day where you do one step for multiple pages with short bursts of available time
    step one - folders for your pages, step two selecting the photos and putting them into a template, step 3 adding cards, step 4 finishing and prepare for print.... whathaveyou.

Here's another article about it from The Daily Digi and one more from the Digital Scrapbooking Studio
    I really thought scrapaneers would have had one, too, but after getting lost in their blog for about an hour, I didn't find one to link. :giggle

I think if you were working on a specific album or project, having this kit of faves, or a set of things you totally love from your stash could make that project go super quickly - especially if you have put together the steps from this power scrapping method. so you have your folders, then photos, then templates, you know you're going to use those favorites from across the stash, and in minutes you end up with a complete album! :)

14. SirScrapalot

LOL...I didn't think anyone would actually remember that I posted about that!! That's what I thought you meant, but had to double check. I've used that process a lot and it is so helpful!

klee73010 likes this.
  15. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I didn't know that post or method yet but it sounds really helpful!
    I still have a fair few weeks of PL2016 to finish. I'm gonna give this a try!

klee73010 likes this.