26 Feb-Accountability!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

so..............
    I got on the treadmill today!
    [​IMG]
    22.18 minutes for one mile! I loved it!
    goal is to get to 18 minute mile, and do this all week.
    have lost in one week 6 pounds!

That has totally motivated me!
    [​IMG]

so how ya'll doing! ?

A-M and cfile like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's awesome!! Keep it up. I've been walking outside for at least a mile every day. I started with barely making it 1 mile and now I'm to about a mile and a quarter. It's hard to get started though but seems to get easier every day.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I did the elliptical yesterday for 25 minutes, then my usual abs and did some weight lifting for my arms. It's not unusual for me to workout on Monday, but yesterday my workout buddy couldn't join me, so I went to the gym by myself. That always takes me an extra measure of willpower.

Congrats and the great first week Anne!

Chippi likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

that is so awesome!! way to go

Karen likes this.
  5. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

You gurl! And keep up the good work; make it a habit(That's how I look at it.)

I have a gym in my home; treadmill, stepper, bike, weight machine and free weights. I have worked out on a regular basis since I was teen and love how it makes me feel and look. I'm now 51 and continue my work out routine for me. :-)

Chippi and Karen like this.
  6. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Good on you, Anne!!
    I wish I had a good report like that for actual purposeful exercise, but I have been flat out cleaning my house for a house inspection. I still hadn't organised the spare room since we moved the kids into the smaller room, so it was an awful mess.
    BUT I am very much holding on to the fact that cleaning and any kind of moving around is beneficial,
    AND I hit my step goal (6.5k) and beyond 3 days in a row. If I can keep hitting my step goal for a week, I will increase it to 7k daily steps.

Karen likes this.
  7. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Anne, that is great.
    I need motivation.... I am shocking at keeping up with exercising. I have a Walk A Mile DVD and I tell myself I should do it at least every second day.... but that does not seem to happen. :run

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Keep it up, Anne! You are rocking the first week! Go 18 go!

I'm taking a long walk with the puppy every day that I can. I need summer here, so we can make it a habit. Hard to walk in the cold, wet, winter. We are doing well with it though - about 4-5 times a week, a really looooonnnnnggg walk. The other days lots of little ones. I've also stopped eating after 7:30. That's a hard one for me. But, from experience, I know that works for me - big breakfast, big lunch,a sweet, tiny dinner.

Karen likes this.
  9. AnneofAlamo

Crazy me! Pushed to 1,5 miles in 30 minutes. I am so excited. This is the pace I want. To get to 3 miles in one hour. I was one hot sweaty mess, but felt like I conquered the world. I might have to get some rocky music for the end of my work our. Lol

Karen and jk703 like this.
  10. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Wow. I'm impressed. And a little jealous.
    I should get back to it. I didn't do anything "sports" or "workout" in February. Oh well.

Karen likes this.
  11. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I got out and walked a mile with my girlie yesterday. I was up to 3.5 miles in an hour before sickness, the holidays, and cold rainy days took me off my schedule. I will get back there, and get this weight loss going again!!!

Karen likes this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Way to go Anne! You rock!

13. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

A background on me and running:
    12 years ago- right at our one year wedding anniversary, I hurt my knee. I didn’t do anything to cause it really, it just decided at that time to begin acting up. My knee caps are drastically misaligned and had caught a nerve in between the knee cap and femur.

It was incredibly painful and initially I could not walk without assistance of some kind. I had therapy three days a week for almost a year and got fitted for a custom knee brace. During this time, my other knee did the same thing, just not as severe. My doctor told me that my running days were over, which didn’t bother me because I definitely didn’t enjoy running.

Over the next ten years, it would act up at times, but I got pretty good at knowing triggers and how to care for them. But this crazy thing happened. At some point I wanted to start running. It probably was due in large part to my husband’s job. They partnered with runDisney and he got to work at many of the expos, often taking us with him. It was SO fun and I wanted to be a part of it.

Also during this time, I began having a new issue with my knees and went to see an orthopedic doctor about it. He said a lot of things, but the thing I cling to is that he encouraged me to run! He said my knees would have the issues they do whether I ran or not. As long as I could run, he told me to go for it.

I ran my first 5K almost two years ago- the Star Wars Dark Side 5K at Disney World. It was fun and I was sore for a few days... but it was definitely worth it! I hadn’t trained for the race but I was a exercising regularly so I was in decent shape.

Afterwards I started trying to train because I had big dreams of doing longer races. I tried probably five different programs and would get a few weeks in and stop. They just did not work for me at all. Still, I ran two more 5Ks- one at the end of 2016 and one last year.

This year I decided that I was going to find a program and just stick with it. I started a new running program a little over three weeks ago and I LOVE it. Well, LOVE is relative but it is working for me. I am on week 4 and have successfully completed each run. Is it hard? Yes. Is it doable? Yes. Am I improving with every run? Yes. I feel goodand I am making progress, so it is a definite win.

I have a long way to go. Right now I am doing a mile in somewhere between 13 and 14 minutes. Most runs now are around 2 miles, with a longer run once per week.

I know my knees will give out one day because my doctor has already told me that I have the knees of someone twice my age. Until then, though, I am going to stick with it and keep pushing myself to improve.

ETA- I am using Jeff Galloway’s Easy 5K

14. AnneofAlamo

I love that you can run, and enjoy it!

oh my knees are horrible
    long ago, in my crazy youth of 22 years age, and too too much Tequila.
    Break dance was hitting the clubs. I actually was pretty good at this move, your knees go down and back up, to the left and right. Kinda like Russian dance but to the sides. I had a great dance partner and he and I had a blast at the clubs. Give me the spotlight.
    Enter shots of The Mescal Tequila...too many. (I no longer drink, but did in excess then)
    NOT at a club, with lovely wood or plastic (with way cool lights) dance floor.
    BUT in a living room with furniture pushed back, and loud music
    and
    STILETTO heels.
    Our song, yeah Beastie Boys 1.0 tour. bhahwhahah. 1986

Run D.M.C. Vs Beastie Boys - Beats to the Intergalactic (Mash up by DJ Gwarthman)

Fired up, we started our dance, the song was pumping, and we went to do our knee part,
    MY heel got stuck in the LONG shag rug.
    KNEE went up Foot did not budge. KNEE tore in the loudest of louds, my knee ballooned (good word) cause it looked like a huge balloon.
    fast forward....................
    it is much better, but running ain't happening. lol