♥'s day funny stories|pad patter 2.14.2018 ♥

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 14, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is the best!

cfile likes this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have enjoyed reading through all the stories.
    Ken and I do not do much in celebration of Valentines. I usually make a card and sometimes he will also. This year he did like he sometimes does.... goes out to the garden and picks some flowers and he puts them in a vase. We will sometimes go out for a meal or I will prepare a special meal... this year we had one of Ken's favourites... from our local bakery a meat pie.

Ken and I have a lot of laughs in our life but I just cannot remember a funny story concerning valentine's day.

cfile likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Love all of these stories. We don't do Valentine's Day either. I call it a Hallmark Holiday. However, a few years ago, after 30 some years of marriage, my DH totally surprised me with a Vermont Teddy Bear. I LOVE teddy bears and was so excited when that box arrived. It says "I love Cheryl" on the t-shirt. :bk:bk

bestcee, Angela Toucan and cfile like this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love to make the effort of a token chocolate bar for each of the family. Something small, not over the top. Then the day after VD DD and I hit the shops to scoop up a bargain or two. That is such a highlight for us.

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We don't do Valentines. Here it's traditionally a day when people can express by letter/card/gift that they want to date someone but have been too shy to do so openly, some even send love notes anonymously.
    So, as I'm already married, it's a day that is marked on the calendar only.

bestcee and cfile like this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Nothing funny really comes to mind, but the first Valentine's Day hubby and I had, he sent me a hideous and completely useless gold dipped rose to work! That was the laugh of the office for weeks!

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I finally finished the layout I began when this thread inspired me! See Post 4 above. I have time to scrap on this drizzly Hurricane Florence day and decided to finish a few layouts that I'd neglected to finish earlier this year.
    [​IMG]

bestcee and Tree City like this.