tkradtke
Gallery:
Birthday:
December 29

Share This Page

tkradtke

Professional Brainstormer, Female, from Chicago

I am completely blown away by the pages for today's Then and Now challenge... you guys ROCK!! Jan 2, 2022

1. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      The first snow of the season makes good DYD planning weather!
      1. amien1 and Tree City like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. londoncuppa
        londoncuppa
        I'm so jealous, Tracie. I envy all of you that get snow. Have fun for me. I'll live vicariously through you! :D
        Nov 10, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        I've now moved on to planning all things Christmas... lol!
        Nov 10, 2017
      5. IntenseMagic
        IntenseMagic
        Cold enough here, but no snow. As much as I hate snow, it does kind of get you in the mood :)
        Nov 10, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
    2. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Two hours before Clara and her friends' joint Sweet Sixteen... 14 sophomore girls... how loud will it get?? :-)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Tree City
        Tree City
        I'm sure it was great but I bet you're still recovering! :)
        Nov 5, 2017
      3. Chippi
        Chippi
        Oh my, very loud! Hope you, and they, had a wonderful time!!
        Nov 5, 2017
      4. londoncuppa
        londoncuppa
        LOUD, Tracie...Take it from someone who has been there a few times before, invest in earplugs! :D
        Nov 6, 2017
    3. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      I think dealing with customer service (not here... amazon and shutterfly) is my new full time job... sigh.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        ... but I realized this morning that they had refunded the wrong item, a less expensive item (my order was sent as three shipments, I got two of the three)... so I was back on with them getting that straightened out. All looks good though... still sad that my item didn't make it though (it was a photo booth prop for Clara's b-day party tonight).
        Nov 4, 2017
      3. Tree City
        Tree City
        Oh, that is a lot of hoopla for a missing item! What a bummer you didn't get something for the photo booth...however, I know that it'll still be loads of fun!
        Nov 4, 2017
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Glory Hallelujah! Whoever it was delivered to in error just put it on our front porch with an hour to spare before the party!!
        Nov 4, 2017
        Chippi and Tree City like this.
    4. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Hmmm.... what kit would you use for a page about chicken and waffles... lol!
      1. jesskab likes this.
      2. lmccandless
        lmccandless
        Danyale has a southern cooking kit! I will find it for you- brb
        Oct 14, 2017
        bellbird and tkradtke like this.
      3. lmccandless
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @lmccandless Thanks Laura! I love that one! Layout is in the gallery! It was perfect :-)
        Oct 14, 2017
        bellbird and lmccandless like this.
    5. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Recovering from the mini-heartattack my daughter gave me when she showed up by my bed at 2am (when I thought she was at a friend's house).
      1. bestcee and KarenB like this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @Tree City They were in one of those theaters with the recliner seats... 6 of the 7 of them were asleep before the movie was over :-)
        Oct 1, 2017
        Tree City likes this.
      4. Juliestcyr
        Juliestcyr
        I feel like you're giving me tips of what I have to look forward to when I have a teen in the house.
        Oct 2, 2017
        tkradtke and Tree City like this.
      5. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @Juliestcyr I thought I was over the sleep deprivation thing once they slept through the night when they were little... wasn't expecting to do it all over again when they got to their teens!
        Oct 2, 2017
        Tree City likes this.
    6. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Finished up PL 2017 book 2 last night, now that Shutterfly extended the sale, going to try to finish up book 3 of 2016 (key word is "try").
      1. krscraps likes this.
      2. krscraps
        krscraps
        Congrats! I'm almost done with my first book and hoping to get a second one done. Granted, the second book is 60 pages and I have none fully done.
        Sep 18, 2017
    7. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      The teen version of Big Bang Theory is happening at my house right now and it makes me smile :-)
      1. enjoyyourpix, KarenB and jesskab like this.
    8. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Sneaking away to see what's going on at the Pad (dh's whole family is here for the weekend... deep breaths).
      1. RebeccaH
        RebeccaH
        yes, deep breaths, friend! you can do this!
        i feel like we haven't had a weekend to ourselves for a few months now. this one is still up in the air. I am longing for a weekend of quiet and no where to go and no one to entertain!
        Aug 11, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      2. AnneofAlamo
        AnneofAlamo
        you need to envision them in funny costumes!
        Aug 11, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
    9. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      What teen girls lack in allowing candid shots, they make up for by requesting "photo shoots"! :-) Lots of photos that make my heart happy!
      1. bbymks5, Sokee, KarenB and 4 others like this.
      2. Sokee
        Sokee
        I've gotten more photos of my adult children by saving them from their facebook/Instagram sites lol
        Jul 13, 2017
    10. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Camera, check. Lenses, check. Battery and charger, check check. Memory card... 300 miles away on the coffee table. Sigh.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Since I had already transferred all of the photos to my computer and backed them up online, I totally forgot about my memory card! Yay!
        Jul 4, 2017
      3. KatrinaHunt13
        KatrinaHunt13
        You are brave to put your camera in your checked bag!! My baby doesn't leave my side the couple of times I have flown!
        Jul 4, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @KatrinaHunt13 I've had this camera 10 years now (Canon 5d). Most trips I'm done with "stuff" on the way home and check it all... never have had an issue. My photos are more important to me than the camera, so I make sure the memory cards are with me. My laptop also stays with me.
        Jul 4, 2017
        bestcee and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
    11. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Last full day in California, back home and to reality tomorrow. But lots of new photos to scrap!!
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @bbymks5 Yes!! Definitely some beach photos to go with the Disney ones. My daughter and I did a little sunset photo shoot on the beach one night. :-)
        Jun 17, 2017
        bbymks5 likes this.
      3. bbymks5
        bbymks5
        Ohhhh I bet those are BEAUTIFUL!!! Can't wait to see!!!
        Jun 17, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        Can't wait to see too!!!!!! <3
        Jun 20, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
    12. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Good thoughts needed... my 17yo son has been sent to the ER for the second time today with left side chest pains. No clue what's going on.
      2. bellbird
        bellbird
        glad to read the updates -how scary - isn't he too young for this?! glad there's no lasting effects!
        Jun 8, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. Tree City
        Tree City
        How's he doing, Tracie? Hopefully he's feeling 100% by now!
        Jun 10, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @Tree City He's doing really good. Took the last of the anti-inflammatories yesterday!
        Jun 10, 2017
        bellbird and Tree City like this.
    13. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      DRAMA... Clara's phone was stolen at dance tonight. Finally tracked it down and my husband & Clara are on their way to pick it up.
      1. jesskab likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @bestcee The quote from the mom "I don't know how she keeps finding these things that I have to find the owners of, but she does".
        May 12, 2017
      4. bestcee
        bestcee
        Seriously?!?!? Triple UGH! What is she going to say when the kid goes to jail? I don't know why the state wants to take care of her, but they do.
        May 13, 2017
        tkradtke and Tree City like this.
      5. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        It was strange when Jeff picked it up... they seriously acted like their daughter did us a favor by "finding it"... it was on a high shelf, under her backpack with a portable charger attached... she didn't just find it.
        May 13, 2017
        bestcee likes this.
    14. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Getting ready to leave to meet up with Sara @Tree City!!
      1. Tree City
        Tree City
        LOL, I just hopped on here to say that we met up! It was so great to meet you! And Stan's was yummy. :)
        Apr 18, 2017
        jesskab, Juliestcyr and tkradtke like this.
    15. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Teen girls and liquid limits in carry on baggage don't mix.
      1. MrsPeel and Juliestcyr like this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @Tree City They're "solving" this by having one checked liquids bag :-/ Must haves are in their carry ons, extras are in the checked bag... that way if it gets lost, they'll still survive. Teen girl logic.
        Apr 12, 2017
        bestcee and Tree City like this.
      4. enjoyyourpix
        enjoyyourpix
        no they don't!!! good problem solving!!!
        Apr 13, 2017
      5. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        another airport stressful thing for us to go through, not much for the liquid but the amount of tablets in hand luggage and metal in my hips LOL
        Apr 13, 2017
        enjoyyourpix likes this.
    16. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      You know you're off to a great start when you're yelling @ your daughter that she's going to be late, then realize that she's already gone.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        I seriously went downstairs just long enough to change laundry to the dryer. Came back up, saw the time and started yelling... then noticed the empty oatmeal bowl and the missing shoes. Oops!
        Mar 30, 2017
        enjoyyourpix likes this.
      3. enjoyyourpix
        enjoyyourpix
        that's hilarious!!
        Mar 30, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. Teri
        Teri
        I am often getting after my kiddos in the morning to get their shoes on...only to look at their feet and see they have shoes on. Glad I am not the only one who does such things.
        Mar 31, 2017
        enjoyyourpix and tkradtke like this.
    17. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Being able to have warm cookies delivered is the best thing ever... it is also the worst thing :-/
      1. bestcee and jesskab like this.
      3. umyesh
        umyesh
        We have something like this by me and I'm trying very hard not to order any haha
        Mar 25, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. bestcee
        bestcee
        That's awesome. And i can see not awesome.
        Mar 25, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      5. Tree City
        Tree City
        This whole Insomnia thing is making me miss living in Ann Arbor. I went to Insomia only a couple times and never had them delivered. I should have! *nom nom nom*
        Mar 25, 2017
    18. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Why do I never see my typos until AFTER I've posted my layouts??
      2. Juliestcyr
        Juliestcyr
        Yup. AND, I have a job that involves a lot of proofreading. Sometimes I tell myself the typos are just there to be keepin' it real.
        Mar 14, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        I don't know what's wrong with me! I read them over and over and run spellcheck before saving for the web. But... I think that until I post them I'm reading them through my eyes, so I read it how I meant it to be. Once posted, I read through other people's eyes and that's when I notice them.
        Mar 14, 2017
        bestcee likes this.
      4. Juliestcyr
        Juliestcyr
        I find it helps to literally change what you are looking at. If you type it up in word, put on the "p"-sign, to see all the spacing and edit. Or, change the font, size and colour of what you are looking at. It will seem like all new text.
        Mar 14, 2017
        Tree City and tkradtke like this.
    19. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Watching the documentary Minimalism... looking for inspiration for the 40 bags in 40 days challenge.
      1. bestcee likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @bestcee it is! I don't think watching it was life changing for me but it gave me a lot to think about... it's more about what comes into your home vs purging.
        Mar 4, 2017
        bestcee and Tree City like this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        It's just on my mind as my parents deal with cleaning out my grandmother's house. The burden of "stuff".
        Mar 4, 2017
        bestcee likes this.
      5. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        The 40 bag in 40 days is a different thing. I'll send you that link if you want.
        Mar 4, 2017
        bestcee likes this.
    20. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Happy Paczki Day!
      1. Tree City likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    December 29

Signature