Comments on Profile Post by LeeAndra

1. zinzilah
    zinzilah
    My husband did this awesome thing with brussel sprouts for Thanksgiving tossed in the roasting pan with a drizzle of olive oil, cranberries, honey and pecans I think. People asked him to do the encore. We are talking of a man whose omelette is like soup, and the kids call all his cooking slops. :)
    Dec 20, 2016
    lmccandless and LeeAndra like this.
  2. rdjrneace
    rdjrneace
    What about outside the box and fixing some type of salad?
    Dec 20, 2016
    LeeAndra likes this.
  3. bellbird
    bellbird
    is everyone pumpkin'd out over there after thanksgiving? and personally i've found no one is ever upset if you turn up with a cheesecake - well i guess maybe if they dont like cheesecake but then i haven't had that issue ;)
    Dec 20, 2016
    LeeAndra likes this.
  4. Tree City
    Tree City
    Like @zinzilah I was going to suggest brussel sprouts. My DH did a grilled sprouts once and even my veggie-phobic dad asked for seconds! Or what about a nice roll or cornbread or hominy (technically it's corn but it's not CORN, ya know?). Or green beans with bacon, or a yummy fruit dish, like apple sauce (that's what my grandma always made) or a sliced apples with cinnamon dish (less sugar lol).
    Dec 20, 2016
    LeeAndra likes this.
  5. lmccandless
    lmccandless
    We make a hot fruit salad that is super easy and a crowd pleaser. Not gourmet by any stretch but the kids love it. 2 cans whole berry cranberry sauce, 2 small cans mandarin oranges (drained), 1 lg can pineapple chunks (drained), 1 can peaches - OPTIONAL, (drained), 1/4 c brown sugar, 2 TBSP seed pearl tapioca OR tapioca flakes. Mix well. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. If using seed, make sure cooked thoroughly.
    Dec 20, 2016
    MrsPeel and LeeAndra like this.
  6. jesskab
    jesskab
    Honey carrots or carrot slaw with raisins.
    Dec 20, 2016
  7. scrappyjedi
    scrappyjedi
    My husband's answer to every side dish he ever has to bring anywhere is guacamole. Even at Christmas, the bowl gets cleaned out!
    Dec 21, 2016
  8. MrsPeel
    MrsPeel
    @scrappyjedi we do have it in Brazilian Christmas!!!!! I was going to sat Sarita makes an amazing brussels sprouts saute with bacon, but you have much better options here....
    Dec 21, 2016
    LeeAndra and scrappyjedi like this.