tkradtke
Gallery:
Birthday:
December 29

Share This Page

tkradtke

Professional Brainstormer, Female, from Chicago

I am completely blown away by the pages for today's Then and Now challenge... you guys ROCK!! Jan 2, 2022

1. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Getting ready to start week 47 of my 2016 Project Life book.... almost there, have to stay motivated.
      1. Tree City likes this.
    2. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      I'm in desperate need of a shower! Hopefully Clara will be discharged soon!!
      1. jesskab likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. bestcee
        bestcee
        Is she ok?
        Feb 15, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @bestcee Appendicitis and appendectomy on Tuesday. She seems to be doing really well. They caught it super early. My only paranoia now is that she's been asleep for like 10 straight hours. I'm sure she's just catching up on all of the sleep that she's missed, but it makes me nervous since she never sleeps like this.
        Feb 16, 2017
        bestcee likes this.
      5. bestcee
        bestcee
        Sleeping is good usually. Dh always says that's when the body heals the most!
        Feb 16, 2017
    3. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      My MacBook is making noise, I'm pretty sure MacBooks shouldn't make noise. This isn't good.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @scrappyjedi - a rattling humming type of noise. It has stopped and I was able to get everything backed up. But I'm thinking that things aren't magically fixed... sigh.
        Feb 9, 2017
        scrappyjedi likes this.
      3. scrappyjedi
        scrappyjedi
        That actually sounds like the cooling fan and not anything that would be terribly expensive to repair. If you have a newer MacBook, then your hard drive is an SSD and the fan should be the only moving part. If the fan stops completely, then your system could overheat, though.
        Feb 9, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Thanks for that info @scrappyjedi! My macbook is probably four years old. The battery is shot on it and I have been meaning to take it in, but I wanted to make it through MOC first! However, my husband did say to just start looking at new ones though :-)
        Feb 10, 2017
        scrappyjedi likes this.
    4. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Just got my $60 in Fantasy Football winnings (totally forgot it was coming!)... off to the store to see what kits I *need*!
      2. LoveItScrapIt
        LoveItScrapIt
        WOW awesome
        Jan 15, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. Tree City
        Tree City
        Tracie, my parents have decided to do a family vacation to Disney... so hurry up and post pics with what you bought to enable me lol! :)
        Jan 15, 2017
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @Tree City Disneyworld? You're going to need it all!! So jealous... Clara is going to Disneyworld without me in March. I have started a few pages for my Disneyland book during MOC, but not too many yet (they're my 8.5x11 pages).
        Jan 15, 2017
        Tree City likes this.
    5. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      In need of an extra dose of patience... at the post office renewing my daughter's passport.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @Juliestcyr That's great that kids can apply and renew by mail! Children have to appear with both parents (or with additional paperwork if only one can come) to apply and renew until age 16 (strange age since everything else here is 18). After 16, they have to appear in person to get their passport and after that they can renew by mail.
        Jan 3, 2017
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        I don't entirely understand it all... the guy was trying to explain it all to me today. Until 16 they're somehow attached to the parents' passports, after 16 they're on their own which is why they have to do it in person one more time (almost like a new passport, I guess).
        Jan 3, 2017
        Juliestcyr likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Our driver's license place (DMV) had gatekeepers of sorts that rejected everyone without proper paperwork right off the bat before they got too far. That way everyone who got to a "real" line had everything ready to go. Still took forever though.
        Jan 3, 2017
        bestcee, Juliestcyr and Tree City like this.
    6. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Loading up for 5 hours in the car when I would much rather be working on MOC.
      1. MrsGaramer
        MrsGaramer
        Last year we took a road trip in the middle of MOC too. I kept a notebook with me and drew out my design ideas so I could still keep it on my brain. Worked out pretty well. Safe travels!!
        Jan 2, 2017
        bestcee and tkradtke like this.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @MrsGaramer You're so disciplined! We just had the one drive home today... I'm not sure I could have kept up if we were gone longer. I did enjoy working through my layout in my head while we drove though!
        Jan 2, 2017
        MrsGaramer likes this.
    7. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      I'm "stuck" today... I want to scrap, but afraid I'll use up photos that would be perfect for a MOC challenge. :-/ One more day...
      1. jesskab and jenn mccabe like this.
      2. jenn mccabe
        jenn mccabe
        you are so cute! hopefully you can organized and have some ideas ready - just a few more hours. <3
        Dec 31, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. jesskab
        jesskab
        Yep, story of my month!
        Dec 31, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
    8. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      My son had to translate a cookie recipe from German and make the cookies for extra credit... I think he needs to work on his German LOL!
      1. cfile, Lynnette, enjoyyourpix and 3 others like this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        There are lots of photos to scrap! He had to take them to prove that he didn't just buy the cookies. I told him that taste alone proved that he didn't buy them... no bakery would stay in business selling cookies that tasted like that! lol!
        Dec 23, 2016
        bestcee and Tree City like this.
      4. Tree City
        Tree City
        This cracks me up! The taste, though? Das tut mir Leid.
        Dec 23, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      5. berniek
        berniek
        Hahaha this made me laugh! Most German baked goods are actually really good though. My opinion. But then I buy them in a bakery or my German relatives bake them. He was probably also messing around with different measurement standards? I know from experience that making mistakes there can do a lot of bad things, even though I was obviously working the other way around.
        Dec 27, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
    9. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Procrastinating. My parents are due here in about 4 hours and I still can't see the guest room bed due to my daughter's closet clean out.
      1. bellbird, jesskab and MrsPeel like this.
      2. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        at least yours is because of a clean out...I can't see my daughter's bed, floor, or any surfaces of her bedroom due to her war zone/laziness/procrastinating .... LOL
        Dec 20, 2016
        tkradtke and bellbird like this.
      3. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        hope you have a great time wth the family!!!!
        Dec 20, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. bellbird
        bellbird
        i use washing baskets for this - yeah it looks like i have a ton of laundry sometimes but hey at least it's off the bed and not making me stressed - and good on her for cleaning it out!
        hope you're enjoying family time!
        Dec 20, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
    10. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Glitter always *seems* like a good idea.
      2. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        LOL I feel your pain!!!!!!
        Dec 18, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        I didn't even have actual glitter... but my daughter bought a tube of Christmas balls for our tree that were glitter covered and I bought a set of gift card holders that were glitter covered. Just those few items and there is glitter everywhere!
        Dec 18, 2016
        cfile, bellbird and bestcee like this.
      4. bestcee
        bestcee
        It does, doesn't it? And then it multiplies when you aren't looking, and gets stuck to everything!
        Dec 18, 2016
        cfile and bellbird like this.
    11. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Seem to have Holiday ADD... too many things going to successfully focus on getting any one of them done!
    12. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Overwhelmed by the Christmas scrapping stuff I need to do (our card and a gift album) that I can't get started!!
    13. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      My son just asked me to add something to his Christmas list... pencil lead... yes pencil lead (and lots of it). He is my practical child.
      1. jesskab
        jesskab
        My treat to myself at Target today was two packs of pretty pencils. Maybe not so practical, but they make me happy.
        Nov 19, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @jesskab New pretty pencils is something I can get on board with... I have a severe weakness for office supplies!! Just plain replacement lead... not so much.
        Nov 20, 2016
        jesskab likes this.
    14. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Ugh... randomly clicked on something in PS and I lost all of my "stuff"... layout is there and the top bar is there... but that's it!
      1. AllisonPennington
        AllisonPennington
        hit f until it returns!!
        Nov 11, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      2. tkradtke
        Nov 12, 2016
        AllisonPennington likes this.
    15. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Stress eating our way through the leftover Halloween candy... Go Cubs!!
      1. bestcee
        bestcee
        It was so exciting!!!! Congrats!
        Nov 3, 2016
        ForeverJoy, Karen and tkradtke like this.
      2. Karen
        Karen
        Totally worth the stress in the end... but I could not calm down to go to sleep at 1:30 am last night! LoL!
        Nov 3, 2016
        ForeverJoy and tkradtke like this.
      3. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        Congrats!!!! and stress eating is my every day eating LOL
        Nov 4, 2016
    16. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      My current goal... to start my October Project Life pages before October ends.
      1. Tree City, bestcee and jesskab like this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Definitely Go Cubs!! My husband is at the game and my daughter has friends coming over to watch it. I'm going to need to do something with my nervous energy... so I'll try to scrap!! :-)
        Oct 28, 2016
        bestcee likes this.
      4. klee73010
        klee73010
        Feel free to start my June pages while you're at it. :/
        Oct 29, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      5. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Ok, so I was working on a spread last night during the chat and while watching the game, and I guess I was a little distracted. Was so proud of my spread all coordinated with my Hello October card and then went to put the calendar card on there and realized that week was still September. :-/
        Oct 29, 2016
        bestcee likes this.
    17. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      A little jealous of my son right now... Hamilton tonight, off to NYC tomorrow.
      1. Juliestcyr
        Juliestcyr
        As in, "there's a million things I haven't done" Hamilton?
        Oct 25, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Oct 25, 2016
        Juliestcyr likes this.
      3. corsicar
        corsicar
        I'm jealous of your son!
        Oct 26, 2016
    18. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      CUBS WIN!!!!
      1. bestcee likes this.
      2. AnneofAlamo
        AnneofAlamo
        oh my gosh!! that is great news!!! go cubbies!! this is the year
        Oct 23, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
    19. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      My teen son went to a fried chicken place during off campus lunch yesterday, and said it was so good he brought some home for me to try...
      1. norton94, bestcee, MrsPeel and 2 others like this.
      3. AnneofAlamo
        AnneofAlamo
        teen son? and food left over? I am gobsmacked! lol
        Oct 20, 2016
        bellbird, tkradtke and Tree City like this.
      4. Tree City
        Tree City
        LOL, "it's the thought that counts," right??? *giggle*
        Oct 20, 2016
        bellbird and tkradtke like this.
      5. bellbird
        bellbird
        points for trying?! and maybe an appropriate chance to discuss some ways to avoid food poisoning...
        Oct 20, 2016
        norton94, Tree City and tkradtke like this.
    20. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Hmmm... work on weekly PL spreads to get current or work on event pages so I can print book 2 of 2016???
      1. scrappyjedi, MrsPeel, berniek and 3 others like this.
      3. KellyM
        KellyM
        Thank goodness for the iPhone! But I miss my DSLR!
        Oct 17, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        I m a disaster with scrapping chronologically... I did until 2012 keep a mixture of 365 with 52 weeks, but I made my own rules,but then lost track and haven't been able to do it since !
        Oct 17, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      5. scrappyjedi
        scrappyjedi
        I'm with @jesskab- whichever is closest to printing!! LOVE getting those books back!
        Oct 17, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    December 29

Signature