tkradtke
Gallery:
Birthday:
December 29

Share This Page

tkradtke

Professional Brainstormer, Female, from Chicago

I am completely blown away by the pages for today's Then and Now challenge... you guys ROCK!! Jan 2, 2022

1. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Will the teachers strike tomorrow or won't they... guess we'll find out at midnight (the 10pm press conference had no info).
      1. View previous comments...
      2. bestcee
        bestcee
        I caught that on the news this morning. What a last minute decision!
        Oct 11, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @bestcee The teen is home and said that his teachers say that there is still a possibility of a strike, since this was just an agreement between the bargaining committees, and hasn't been approved by CPS or CTU yet. But it seems unlikely that they'll strike. Definitely last minute... Alex said lots of tired or absent kids today.
        Oct 11, 2016
        bestcee likes this.
      4. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        oh we had so many strikes when Sarita was in secondary :( I do understand the need they have, but here the kids suffer a lot with interruptions, hope all is well for you guys!!!
        Oct 12, 2016
    2. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Go Cubs Go!!
      1. jesskab
        jesskab
        Boo! Sorry, born in San Francisco so I have to say it. It doesn't mean I don't like you though :)
        Oct 7, 2016
    3. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Tired of my house shaking (they're demolishing a building three houses down).
      2. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        I had road works and building works a couple of years ago so I can feel your pain...hope it ends soon!!!!!
        Sep 28, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. AllisonPennington
        AllisonPennington
        Ugh. I feel you! They're building 3 houses on our street (2 of them 2 houses down and one right across the street) - so annoying. :| And our street is constantly blocked off.
        Sep 28, 2016
      4. Juliestcyr
        Juliestcyr
        Well, Winter's coming so the work should slow down, but the LRT won't be complete until 2018.
        Sep 28, 2016
    4. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Things I've learned today before 8am, our dog's fear of storms > her dislike of the shower & frying bacon sets off our fire alarm.
      1. Chippi and jesskab like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        Totally educational @bellbird as I also learned that our fire alarms talk along with the annoying siren noise. It's a woman's voice yelling "fire" over and over.
        Aug 18, 2016
      4. carilyne
        carilyne
        Thunder Shirt and be sure to look up any meds your vet gives you to calm her. Some are chemical restraints and makes things far worse for your dog although she can't respond normally.
        Aug 18, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      5. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @carilyne I'm definitely going to look into getting a Thundershirt. I had been skeptical at first, but after wrapping Mango up in a blanket during the last storm and seeing her calm down, makes me think that this might work for her.
        Aug 19, 2016
        carilyne likes this.
    5. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Clara started her freshman year of high school today and Alex's high school won't start for another three weeks... this fall is confusing!
      1. jesskab likes this.
      2. bestcee
        bestcee
        Um, yes! Someone was saying their kid went back, then had 2 in service days (no school) right away.
        Aug 17, 2016
      3. jesskab
        jesskab
        My kids start on a Thursday for some reason. At least they're in the same school.
        Aug 17, 2016
    6. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Infinitely more nervous about my son riding his bike around the city than I am about him driving. Deep breaths.
      1. ForeverJoy likes this.
      2. jesskab
        jesskab
        I know exactly what you mean. Hang in there.
        Jul 26, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @jesskab We both survived the day! Thankfully tomorrow his job is within walking distance from the house, no bike!!
        Jul 26, 2016
        jesskab likes this.
    7. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      I shouldn't be allowed to put on my own sunscreen :-/
      1. jesskab likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @jesskab Thanks! The burn isn't that bad really, it's just the fact that my right arm is striped that gets to me LOL! BTW... we have a hamster now :-)
        Jul 11, 2016
        jesskab likes this.
      4. jesskab
        jesskab
        Oh, congratulations on the hammie! They really are so sweet.
        Jul 11, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      5. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @jesskab This one is so very sweet! She ended up waiting to get a hamster until we got back home. So, it's not the teddy bear one I mentioned before.
        Jul 12, 2016
        jesskab likes this.
    8. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      OK... maybe we should rethink adding new pets... came home from our trip to 10 gallons of missing water and two dead goldfish :-(
      1. berniek
        berniek
        Oh no! I don't think I even want the details in this. Lol
        Jul 6, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      2. AnneofAlamo
        AnneofAlamo
        I snorted, I seriously snorted so hard..sorry for the death...but what a hysterical demise...I need you to catch up on PL so I can see it in all its glory
        Jul 6, 2016
        bestcee and tkradtke like this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @berniek @AnneofAlamo RIP Bubbles and Pheven! It's a real mystery... no water anywhere... not on the counter, not in the cabinets below and definitely not in the fish tank! Forget PL... this may need it's own page! :-)
        Jul 6, 2016
        bestcee likes this.
    9. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Pros and cons of having a hamster as a pet?
      1. jesskab likes this.
      3. Tree City
        Tree City
        We kept 2 in the same cage. The con: they fought each other and we ended up with 0 hamsters. :( Apparently males are territorial (wish my parents had been told that. As a 7yo, waking up to the carnage wasn't cool). So like @jesskab mentioned having 5 in 5 cages, that would help with that problem. :) I'd love a guinea pig for our kids. I just can't get over what happened with my hamsters as a kid.
        Jul 3, 2016
        tkradtke and jesskab like this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @Tree City YIKES!! Hamster carnage is not good! Clara is so in love with this little guy... sadly, she's already named him (Frank). They had a Disney-esque moment of touching paws through the glass. She's sure it's meant to be... sigh. My husband is firmly against it, and I'm more of a softy when it comes to pets, mainly because my parents were so anti-pets growing up. Not sure what to do.
        Jul 4, 2016
        Tree City likes this.
      5. Tree City
        Tree City
        I hope you two can figure you something. At least a hamster is in a cage and doesn't need to be walked or put on a leash... ;)
        Jul 4, 2016
    10. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Currently have two teen girls in my kitchen attempting recipes they found on Buzzfeed... not sure how this will go!
      1. KatrinaHunt13 and jesskab like this.
      2. bestcee
        bestcee
        And? What was it? How did it go?
        Jun 17, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @bestcee The cookies and cream puffs were okay. The oreo truffles were really good. The six cakes they baked are all waiting to be assembled and frosted. :-) They did wash their dishes and wipe the counters though!
        Jun 17, 2016
        PLM likes this.
      4. PLM
        PLM
        Typical, but you have some good stuff going on there!
        Jun 17, 2016
    11. Tree City
      Tree City
      Did you see the finale? I don't want to say who won in case you haven't yet. :)
      1. tkradtke likes this.
      3. Tree City
        Tree City
        Oh, the meet and greet--how cool! #jealous :) Where did you see it in MI, if I may ask? We saw it at Meijer Gardens. I'd love to do the Maks/Val show at DeVos this summer but it starts at 8 and that's DD's bedtime. :( (We go to shows in MI cuz we stay with my parents and make it our summer vacation: because why live close to Baltimore/Philly/NYC and actually see a show there??? lol.)
        May 25, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        The meet and greet was fun! Really quick though... but Clara did get a hug from Val (she's sooo not a hugger...lol)! We saw the show at Interlochen. There was a girl in our meet and greet that had seen them in Grand Rapids AND was seeing them at Interlochen. She was a full on fan of the show!!
        May 25, 2016
        Tree City likes this.
      5. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        It's funny, we have so many shows that come here that we don't see because real life gets in the way. So much easier to see shows "on vacation"! (Had to split this up since I went over the character limit, and then I got a second error message for posting too close together!)
        May 25, 2016
        Tree City likes this.
    12. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Today is winter coat washing day (so I can put them away for the summer). So far I've made $10 :-)
      1. Tree City, bestcee and jesskab like this.
      2. jesskab
        jesskab
        Haha. That took me a second to get. I found $14 in an old purse this morning. Jackpot!
        May 23, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        May 24, 2016
        jesskab likes this.
    13. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Obsessing about what it means if they do actually cut my son's high school's budget by 40% next year (that's $8.5 million gone!).
      2. klee73010
        klee73010
        That's extremely drastic!!
        May 18, 2016
        Tree City likes this.
      3. norton94
        norton94
        wow... :(
        May 18, 2016
      4. MrsPeel
        MrsPeel
        so sad.... here they want to put up students Universities fees up again....., and also cutting budgets for schools that give children a wonderful education, sad that people in governments all over the world favor their money stealing to kids education.... :(
        May 19, 2016
    14. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Ever pull all of your photos for the week for your PL spread and realize that they're all of food? :-/
      1. berniek likes this.
      2. A-M
        A-M
        Sometimes I choose the theme of food for my photo a day. This year I am having a break and just creating monthly pages with whatever photos I took that month - sometimes not many others depending on events - lots.
        May 6, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. berniek
        berniek
        For me it's usually selfies but I understand what you're saying. ;)
        May 7, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
    15. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      I WILL finish my 2015 Project Life book today!!! (the power of positive thinking... lol!)
      1. klee73010 and jesskab like this.
      2. klee73010
        klee73010
        you go girl!
        May 2, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        May 2, 2016
        klee73010 likes this.
    16. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Working on my Disneyland pages and seriously stressing out over choosing my next project mouse kit to buy!! Can't decide!!!
      1. bestcee likes this.
    17. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      The boy is 16 today... sniff.
    18. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      First college tour with my son today.
      1. enjoyyourpix, PLM and klee73010 like this.
      2. AnneofAlamo
        AnneofAlamo
        oh tears? I would boo hoo so bad...but in a good way.
        Apr 19, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      3. PLM
        PLM
        Oh gosh, that must feel so unreal!!! Proud mom too!
        Apr 20, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      4. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @AnneofAlamo and @PLM No tears! 1) We were almost late so I was a little "off" and 2) we're really early in the process (he's just a sophomore). But a year from now, when it's "real", I'll probably be a total mess!!
        Apr 20, 2016
        PLM likes this.
    19. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      Can someone please remind me what we did in December so I can finish my 2015 PL book? :-/
      1. bestcee
        bestcee
        Tree? Lights? Maybe just make a page that says "December" and a sign that says "Coming Never". ;)
        Mar 22, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
      2. tkradtke
        tkradtke
        @bestcee That's about the point I'm at right now! I did do a DYD project in 2015, so I'm tempted to end after Thanksgiving and just have December in my DYD album. But then that would mean I would have to finish up my DYD album... sigh.
        Mar 22, 2016
        bestcee likes this.
    20. tkradtke
      tkradtke
      I can do this!! Time to get serious and finish up my 2015 PL book.
      1. bestcee and KarenB like this.
      2. bestcee
        bestcee
        You go girl!!
        Mar 16, 2016
        tkradtke likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    December 29

Signature