supposed to scrap today, but bagging low carb snacks

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Feb 17, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

so, the last few months have been off the chart crazy..bhahha, and I don't mean to diminish the mental health arena, but we have been in and out of many of them over the past year with our son? egads, trying to eat healthy from the back of an ambulance, or in a hospital waiting area is next to impossible.
    anyways.......
    my yearly checkup! I gained 27 pounds! how? why? oh no! my bad hdl/or whatever letters are off the charts..so.............
    I begged the doc, give me 6 months, I will focus on me...exercise, eat better...no meds yet please!?!?!
    he reluctantly agreed.
    so.....................
    low carb is what works for our lives, with fruits and lots of salads.
    I'm bagging cranberries and almonds, cooking bacon, and wrapping cheese in pepperoni. lol, I lost a ton of weight years ago, I know how to do it, but am just so mad at myself for gaining almost all of it back.
    Hubby is in same boat...running ragged, quick drive thrus, and ice creams at midnight, after chaos subsided did not do wonders for our waistlines. He is on border line diabetes due to his weight gain.
    STress SUCKS>.........lol
    but this is gonna work...anyone out there wanna jump on the bandwagon with me! ?

LoveItScrapIt and cfile like this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I will cheer you on! But I know from experience that if I cut something from my diet it lasts about 7-10 days, and I binge.
    [​IMG]

I am working on making my snacks healthier though. Less chips, more carrots. Less soda, more water. And yes, I know that I should give up soda, but it's the thing I let myself have. I don't drink coffee, or alcohol, or tea. So, it's water, soda and milk.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. AnneofAlamo

I did low carb, for almost 2 years, lost a lot, kept it off, and I don't do extreme. (have in past and do the binge). lol
    but my water intake is a big thing. the white starch and oh donuts..bhahhwhaha

4. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I am a sugarholic, and I mean BIG TIME!!! Been that way all my life! As a kid, I couldn't wait for my allowance (a big 25 cents back in those days) and off to the candy store I would go. In the 40's they had rows of jars, each with a different penny candy in them. My bag was FULL by the time I left the store!
    So---with that said, I am definitely on board with you. I am up to 214!!! OUCH!!! And I need to be around 150. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

5. AnneofAlamo

okay @NancyP - accountability is the key! I am eating a bowl of fiber sticks with almond milk (one of my favs) right now, and have a way cool speadsheet for 6 meals (3 main and 3 snacks) for the week, I will take a picture of and share later.
    I am blessed to have a physical fitness trainer as a best friend, and she is a big help, so I can pick her brain if I need too.
    We fell into a treadmill too...so I am committed to 20 minutes each day.
    I am doing 125 carbs (plus fresh fruit) we find if we can have fruit, we go lower on the carbs by choice.

I am going to take a photo tomorrow, and post it for a BEFORE...you do NOT have too..but I know having it on my fridge helps me too!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I am eating a bowl of oatmeal with a cut up banana in it. I use Stevia instead of sugar and throw in some cinnamon.

7. AnneofAlamo

ooooooooooooh I got some instant steel cut (have you tried that)? that is a great way to start the day!
    I am off to church with a bottle of water, hope to finish that and get the water habit going again!
    Nag alert: drink more water!

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I should really join you... said as I frost this pan of sugar cookies for a mission farewell. hehe. I go in spurts drinking water really well but the junk food/sweets are my downfall. I’ll be watching this thread for meal ideas. I need to control my stress to help with my arm/shoulder pain right now. I’m gonna start back on increasing my water intake and make myself drink a whole glass before having any treats and see how that goes. Plus be more aware of what and how much I eat. Baby steps for me. Good luck ladies.

9. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I swear by the keto diet! I've lost over 100lbs, it is getting a bit harder to lose the last 20 but I have been cheating a LOT (well not so much the last few weeks, but oh it was treat yourself time a million during the holidays). Low carb, high HEALTHY fat and moderate protein!

10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Steel-cut oats are fantastic. I love to cook them with either pumpkin pie or apple pie spice. Fantastic and great for blood sugars.

11. londoncuppa

I used to be a “salty” girl until I hit my 40’s, and then I suddenly became a sugarholic. It’s like some sick joke of being perimenopausal. My metabolism slows down and THEN I start craving sweets???? I decided to give them up for Lent, which is going to be hard, but maybe I’ll kill two birds with one stone.

12. londoncuppa

I forgot you lost that much weight. You are my hero, Timmi!

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Good luck and DO drink more water! Low carb is the only thing that ever got weight off of me. Unfortunately, I've been off low carb lately. I've been having thyroid problems for the last 3 years. I lost about 30 pounds because it was off the charts over-active. I've been seeing an endocrinologist for 3 years and taking lots of different meds. They think that they've almost got my thyroid back to normal. That being said, I'm gaining my 30 pounds back. The doctor said I would, but it sure was nice being 30 pounds lighter while it lasted.

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I want to as I too have gained since I quit smoking.. it is frustrating for sure. I give big hugs.. this is a tough week for us, but I am going to do my best at least not to gain. I have sciatica now that I didn't have before and some issues with asthma (exercise induced) but I am not going to let those things hinder me. Big hugs my dear. I am with you!

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Praying for you Anne! Take care of yourself so you can take care of your kids.

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have put on the pounds over the last 3-4 years myself.... and the biggest culprit is that my kids are in sports. Isn't that sad!?!?! I spend so much time driving them to and from practices and games that we end up eating out and that kills me. Since January though I've decided that I was going to start tracking everything I eat with My Fitness Pal (on the computer or the app) and I'm down 11 pounds already! It's also easy right now because there are no sports until about the end of March or mid April. That's when the real challenge hits me again.

I have been really diligent about working out three times a week for several years, but I wasn't watching what I was eating at all and I love sweets and cheeseburgers... and beer. None of those are good for me. Anyway, when it gets busy with the kids I feel like I have to choose between working out and having time to cook at home. the crockpot isn't an option because I leave the house at 6:30 am and that is too long for anything to be cooking for a 6:30 dinnertime even on low.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

@Karen have you seen this crock pot: It is programmable with an app on your phone! When I first saw it, I was like who needs this? NOW I know, Karen needs this!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mylinn likes this.
  18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hmmmmm... but do you leave the food just sitting out in it before you turn it on? I'm might have to investigate this! Thanks! :)

19. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

Most fruit is not low carb, so if you want fruit, you have to include it in your daily count. Eating fruit also keeps you craving other sugars. Just because it’s “natural” doesn’t mean it is healthy.

I would encourage you (anyone doing low carb) to cut back drastically for two weeks to get rid of cravings, then slowly add back in healthier carbs. Stay away from anything processed, made with flour, or oats.

20. AnneofAlamo

yeah, we totally get the fruit part. we don't really count, as we have done this carb thing for many years, we fell off 2 years ago, and yikes that darn weight jumps on when ice cream is eaten on a daily basis..and no structure.

We are actually going higher carb intake than what we did before, because we don't want the binging to happen.

More water, I am embarrassed to admit, my water intake was almost non existent.

yep, no flour and sugar...if it is white it ain't right...is our motto for a while...Green is my thing.

and amazingly, the cravings are a bit low, I think eating right to live is still reverberating in my brain.

I seriously love your comment, and it is very helpful to me, Thank YOU!