What are you dreading?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by NancyP, Jan 16, 2018.

1. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

The thing I most dread is just making pages that I'll never use - since I have limited time for scrapping it's painful to feel like I'm wasting time. Yes, I know it really isn't wasting time - just engaging in something creative and artistic is important - but it can feel that way. So, some of the single photo pages or art journaling stuff are tough for me since I am a PL scrapper and probably won't print those. I might go back and revise some of those pages after the fact.

Aerobigirl and HavaDrPepper like this.
  2. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Karen, didn't you also enroll in Tangie's class? That is something to look forward to, :)

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You betcha! :) Good thing I have that to look forward to!

4. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Me too!!! This has really kick started my creativity! I'm actually fighting my 14 y.o for more computer time! ( we share the Mac.) :faint2

Karen likes this.
  5. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

Day 6!! I’m a total newbie so I’m gearing up to tackle that on a day that I have time to try and work though it. We also have thrown in an unplanned 5 day trip into the month to see the Vikings play in Philly tomorrow so I’m a little worried worried about catching up. Now that I think on it, I’d better go back to Day 6 first thing I get home on Tuesday.

Karen likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

If you need any help with anything, just let me know :) I will help any way I can...even for a Vikings fan :giggle Go Philly!!!!!

Karen and bestcee like this.
  7. stamdl99

stamdl99 Active Member

LOL and thanks for your generous offer! My husband, daughter and son-in-law will be at the game tomorrow but I have the best job of all... staying with our great grandbaby. And I’ll definitely be cheering for whichever team wins tomorrow in the Super Bowl. 3 of us graduated from NDSU and have been following Carson Wentz closely. :agree

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Especially because I'm way behind and I feel like I cannot catch up (I probably will, but the feeling stays), I'm not looking forward to the technique challenges. I like to try things when I have the time. But I just don't right now...

9. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

This is me. I struggle with clean and simple!! I'm a messy scrapper

10. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:rofl

I'm up for combining 3 templates but making it a clean and simple page sounds like a most challenging of challenges!

11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I am not truly dreading any page or challenge, but the page I just finished for day 11 was so much harder to journal than I thought it would be. I cried and cried writing it... It took me several hours to make it right. I had no idea how much raw emotion was still in that story, nearly 5 years later.

bestcee likes this.
  12. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

every morning i open the forum and expect to see the atc or art journaling or pockey challenge. yikes. with nine days left that means two of them will be art journaling. yikes.

13. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Well to begin with, I always dread @AnneofAlamo challenges because they are usually something that I have never done before. But.... good for me, she was early in the month this year! (Although it was a doozy!)

Then there is the double page layout challenge that we seem to have each year but I don't dread it either because... err... I did one voluntarily already.

I am not fond of journaling challenges usually because I am not typically a verbose writer but this year, they have been no problemo!

I guess probably what I dread for the upcoming challenges is another technique challenge on the level of the dispersion. I didn't like my results and I had to watch 3 more tutorials to even get what I got.

And more than anything, I dread the inevitable messages telling me I need to correct a layout (or 2 or 3).

jk703 likes this.
  14. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I so hope you are right!

15. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

8 days left. still no art journal, atc, two page spread or pocket page. oy vey

bestcee likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Or Do the hocky pocky while you scrap, print everything out and make a hybrid layout, or particularly dastardly, write all your journaling in iambic pentameter! :flirty:rofl

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

ME TOOOOOO! I have been told I would embellish a telephone pole if I were allowed. Umm, yeah! I would!!! C&S bores me to near tears. I don't feel creative doing them. BUT we did!
    I WISH there would be and Art Journal challenge page for MOC6...but not holding my breath. :carryon

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Don't be so afraid. We did say that we were going to mix things up a bit this year, so maybe not all of your fears are even going to happen. :flirty

19. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I’m both anticipating and dreading art journal.

Karen likes this.
  20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I wonder if I get to do 2 challenges this year...hmmmm

wvsandy and Karen like this.