Favorite Disney Ride | pad patter 10.23.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Oct 23, 2017.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We just got back from Disneyland and Disney California Adventure and while I'm sitting here elevating and ice-ing my poor, sore feet, I got to thinking about what everyone's favorite ride is!

Toy Story Mania is my all-time favorite ride. I don't know why, but I just love it! Maybe it's the thrill of competition and the excitement to see how many points I can get. Or that it's an interactive game in an air conditioned building. I don't know, but now that Toy Story Mania has a fastpass, it's even better!

Some of my other favorite Disney rides are: Radiator Springs Racers, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Indiana Jones, Haunted Manson, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and Expedition Everest.

How about you? What are your favorite Disney rides? Inquiring minds want to know.... hehe

MrsPeel and enjoyyourpix like this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I was just scrapping some of our disney trip- Haunted Mansion & remembered how fun it was- even if my daughter was hesitant- she loved it!

Few others- Definitely the radiator spring racers, Pirates, Indiana Jones, and Splash Mountain!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Speaking on Disney World...

My husband and my favorite ride is Tower of Terror. My daughter's favorite is Expedition Everest.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

At Disneyland, definitely StoryBook Land Canal Boats. Love, love that ride! I just wish they'd slow down a bit so I could get better photos!

At WDW, I'd have to say it's a toss-up between Soarin' (the original version if they still have it there) and Test Track.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Oh gosh... it's nearly impossible to choose!

Clara and I love the classic dark rides at Disneyland. We have a strange fascination with the bizarreness of the Winnie the Pooh ride. Haunted Mansion is a favorite... especially late at night when the die-hard Disneyland fans who can recite the whole intro are there.

At California Adventure, we do love Radiator Springs Racers. But we have to ride the Little Mermaid ride over and over and we laugh hysterically while being slung from side to side on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

It's been long enough since I've been to WDW to remember my favorites. Can't wait to discover our favorites at Disneyland Paris next month!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Oh gosh...how to choose...

Disneyland...Space Mountain, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Splash Mountain (even though I'm the one that usually comes off soaking wet).

California Adventure...Screaming, Soaring over California, Tower of Terror, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, Grizzly River Run and Radiator Racers.

My daughter and I will be in Disneyland on November 4th with her choir and I'm hoping it isn't too busy since we only have a day.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Just one?! The horror!

Haha.

Can I pick one per park?

Magic Kingdom: Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion are my must dos. Can't choose between them.

Animal Kingdom: I think Flight of Passage just edged our Kilimanjaro Safaris. By a hair.

Epcot: there are rides at Epcot?

Hollywood: Tower of Terror

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I can't wait till we go in the spring for our big family celebration (birthdays, anniversary, and just a big family vacay/reunion)!

Disneyland favorites are Space Mountain and Pirates. Oh, and Jungle Cruise if you can get a good driver! Weirdly enough, I've only been to DCA once but I loved Radiator Springs Racers and Soarin' Over California (I heard this changed now though?).

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

LOL!! I haven't been to Disneyland since I was 5!! I remember the Peter Pan ride scared me senseless, as did Dumbo, the heights...they kill me!! I loved the spinning tea cups and It's a Small World! I'm too chicken to get on rides!

keepscrappin and QuiltyMom like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's been years since I was at Disney World so I'm sure there's lots of new stuff I haven't experienced, but my all time fav was Tower of Terror.

11. QuiltyMom

I'm surprised more people haven't answered this thread!

Peter Pan and Dumbo never scared my kids. They loved the movies so much that all they could think was that they were flying like Peter Pan and Dumbo. They ignored the heights and darkness for those. Now Snow White, Pinocchio & Mr. Toad's Wild ride? Those scared them senseless.

keepscrappin and bbymks5 like this.
  12. bbymks5

I still can't do heights unless I'm 100000000000% in control of the situation! Just. No. LOL!

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Space Mountain, but only at Disneyland, NOT Disney World.

I grew up in southern CA, and I only knew Disneyland. Then, in 2007, my family went to Disney World for the first time (and only, so far). My oldest daughter, just turned 6 at the time, was eager to try roller coasters and I told her about my experience on Space Mountain. The one in CA, remember, was the only one I’d been on. It never occurred to me the ride of the same name in FL might be different. I told her how the metal track and the darkness actually made the zooming roller coaster relaxing.

But NOT in Florida! For some reason the ride is jolty and awful in FL. I felt so bad for misleading my daughter for her first roller coaster! No long term effect though. She didn’t like that Space Mountain much, but she has loved every coaster since.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

I'm the same way. I about lost what was left of my sanity when we got stuck on the outside (as in high-up) track on Expedition Everest for 20 minutes. I tried not to think about what would happen if we had to evacuate and climb down the completely open stairs on the side of the track. I'll never, ever go on that ride again!

keepscrappin and bbymks5 like this.
  15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hmmm, it's been a LONG time since I've been to Disney World. I grew up around that area and we went frequently.

I think I liked Tower of Terror the best.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Hmm, afraid we have not been to Disneyland ever and have not been to DisneyWorld in years. The last 2 trips to Orlando have all been Universal Studios and Sea World trips. Sea World is my favorite park in Orlando.

Soarin at Epcot is really fun. I really liked Ellen & Bill Nye in the dinosaur ride (Epcot), but the last time we went I realized how dated it was. They are replacing it. At Hollywood Studios, I always liked the Great Movie Ride but they are replacing that one too. At the Kingdom: Pirates, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear

Sea World - Kraken. Universal - Harry Porter Train, Dunegon Alley, Hogwarts, etc. and for coasters: Incredible Hulk

We go to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg a lot and that is where my favorite rides are.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

This is a great thread for those who are looking forward to their first DL or WDW trip!

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

You are right. It's now Soarin' Around The World. I haven't been on it since it's changed.

keepscrappin and Sunberry2 like this.
  19. bbymks5

Someone would have had to knock me out...I would have flipped out! My hands are all kinds of clamy just thinking about it!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

Whoa that would be a scary experience! I loved Expedition Everest but I'm not fond of heights when I can see how far up I am or don't feel secure.

My fave at Disneyland is probably Big Thunder Mountain, at DCA is California Screamin', at Magic Kingdom is Mickey's Philharmonic (not really a ride, but I love the show!), at Animal Kingdom Expedition Everest, at Epcot is Test Track, and at Hollywood Studios is Tower of Terror. Yes, I love roller coasters and thrill rides!