Week in the Life - October 9-15, 2017 *eta first week 2-8th instead!

Discussion in 'Memory Motivators' started by klee73010, Aug 8, 2017.

1. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

@klee73010 so i printed out the ali edwards week in the life pages to take notes, but i want to start this next week. as this weekend is DSD and thanksgiving. so not a typical week. plus i want to do 9 days instead of 7. my husband works every other week so i want to include a working weekend and a weekend off. trying to come up with a good title (a week in the life plus 2 days or nine days in the life of....etc). also, i want to include everyone one's week. so i told my husband i would like him to try to snap some pictures throughout the day if he can (he's a zoo keeper, so he may not be able to - but i will make do with what i get). I also told nolan (4 years old) that i will need details from him from school and i will include that in the journaling (again, will take what i can get - since you ask him what he did at school and he says "pretty much the same thing").

this is my first time doing this and i feel like i want to include a lot of information/detail.

then i try to think about how i am going to scrap it. i want to do clean white minimal pages, but then i also want to include all the things! ahhh! what to do!?

and i think i will create a separate book for this. i love the look of the non digital books i have seen on pinterest, bc of the diff sizes of pages and such. but then i dont know if i can get away from digital. cus i love it so much too.

so many choices. not enough time....ohhhh!

i hope i can make this project happen. I plan to start on Oct 14.

then, i also want to do december daily....man! i need more hours in my life!

I can't wait to see your pages Kristina!

klee73010 likes this.
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

@jagruti patel I will try to remember to ask you next week how it's going!
    One tip I have, and what I hope to do, is to ask the teachers to help you. I mentioned it in passing to one teacher last week, but I am going to print a letter today and send it to school to the teacher... I would love it if they could take pics of their rooms, possibly before students are there to avoid invading the students' privacy/routine. Maybe have the teacher explain a bit about a typical schedule, or to just take note about certain activities/interests/funny things about my kids specifically.
    It seems "great lengths" for a scrapbook project, but there are some that find it just interesting enough to help out for just one day, in order to help you out! It really adds so much to the book/album when you are able to include information that is just not normally captured for these very same reasons! :beat

jagruti patel likes this.
  3. jagruti patel

@klee73010 i love the ask the teacher idea. But just last week we had ciriculum night and they gave us this little "booklet" about what they do in class. Details! and how their days are broken down (day 1 and 4: gym, day 2: library...etc). And we jsut got an October calendar so i will have ideas of what is going on. and i will gently "grill" nolan with questions. plus nolan likes teh idea of scrapbooking...lol...he has started telling me to take pictures to include in our scrapbook. he was once on a carousel and i was on the outsdie taking pictures...as he passes by i hear him yell "put it in the scrapbook!" plus he brings home some sort of art work daily.

but maybe i will ask if i can take some pictures after class. his teacher did say that we can come by anytime after school to talk to her. that would be fun to include. thanks for this idea! love it!

bestcee and klee73010 like this.
  4. klee73010

Oh the artwork @jagruti patel !!!!
    I have stacks and stacks from kinder this year.... It's barely October! :giggle I am making a different project of photos of all of that... I'm also behind on that one. Haha!

jagruti patel likes this.
  5. jagruti patel

@klee73010 oh my art work pile is piling up! i want to make a book of all his art at the end of the year. but i need a storage solution in the meantime. some of it goes on our art wall. the rest i need to put somewhere untill i can photograph it all. i do write the date on it and what it is, so i can write that in the book at the end of the year.

if you have any storage tips! would love to hear them!
    you have got my mind swirling with so many ideas!

6. klee73010

@jagruti patel
    I take pics of the artwork, school work, projects, etc, and throw it away... weekly! I wouldn't have room to keep it all! The only things I keep are hand prints and fingerprints. Those cannot be replaced, as their hands will never be that small again. I have a box of all their art projects (one for each kid). I recently got a box of my stuff from my parents' home of all my stuff. Kindergarten - highschool, one folder per year, plus yearbooks and photos. I think one box of stuff is plenty. So now I do pictures of it, and throw it away. I intend to have a single book for each kid, and I've been doing that in the project life app only. I've only done about 2 weeks though. I have many other pages started, and all the photos for several other weeks, but I haven't added the journaling and what not yet. need to get caught up on that project, too. LOL

7. jagruti patel

@klee73010 weekly! wow. i was thinking i would keep it all in a box for the year. then take pics of it all at once (you know so that way lighting is the same) or even maybe every few months. then keep a few of them. and make a book with the rest. got to figure out my strategy! lol!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So... I totally had it in the calendar and just mentally couldn't even get started. Sigh. Maybe next week. Lol.

9. jagruti patel

@Karen start next week! you can do it!

Karen likes this.
  10. klee73010

that was me yesterday. Even today I am like... uh.... what? I need to get my act together. :giggle

Karen likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I find with my kid when he's being taciturn that saying "Tell me what you did after lunch" or "What was your favorite part of today?" can get him to open up a little more.

jagruti patel and klee73010 like this.
  12. bestcee

I'd like to commit to a week in the life. But, I think I'll have to settle for a day. Maybe if I do 1 day each week for 7 weeks , it'll get done? LOL.

klee73010 likes this.
  13. bestcee

14. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

I kissed the frog!

15. jagruti patel

16. klee73010

Hahahaha. It was not as successful as last time. For sure.
    I have some general notes, and some photos. I did get notes to my daughter's teacher, but my son's teacher didn't get her note. So... I will be extending my WITL to grab extra activities. My plan for this project was to have a day for each person, and sort of a peek at our surroundings, and I did get several of those photos. Just not all of them. :)

Are you starting yours today? Do you have a plan for how to stay on track for the week?

17. jagruti patel

I am starting on the 14th!
    I am gonna try to take notes throughout the day. that is the goal anyway. will see what happens!

I cant wait to see yours!

klee73010 likes this.