August 22 Journaling : Childhood Memory

Discussion in 'Weekly Focus Challenges' started by jenn mccabe, Aug 22, 2017.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hi everyone! For Day 2 of our Weekly Focus on Journaling … I thought it would be fun to reminisce a little. While I was visiting family this summer, back in my home state, we went to an outdoor concert one night. In the quiet between performances, I watched lightening bugs (some of you may call them fireflies - but they were always lightening bugs to me as a child!) start to flicker around us. All it took was one or two to light up the night and it instantly brought me back to my childhood. A whole sea of memories flooded my mind. Oh how I loved those late summer nights spent outdoors with my siblings, friends and cousins so much!

It’s such a simple little thing, but seeing them even today, instantly takes me back to my childhood.

Your challenge, if you wish to play along, is to create a page about a childhood memory. Simply journal about anything that takes you back to your childhood … it can be a smell, a place, an activity, an object, a sound, a song … whatever evokes memories of your youth. The amount of journaling you do, is totally up to you.

Here’s my page:

[​IMG]

Please follow the Lilypad Gallery Guidelines: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products (current or retired product from current designers; templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    mcurtt likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a great challenge Jenn! Hmmm... this is a great excuse to scrap some of my older scanned photos too! Love your page!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  3. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't have much memory of childhood, but I have some scanned photos from way back then that help me remember.
    [​IMG]

Juliestcyr, Rikki and jenn mccabe like this.
  5. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I hope this works for Aug 22 & 23.
    [​IMG]

Juliestcyr, mcurtt and jenn mccabe like this.
  6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe and wvsandy like this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I have opened this photo so many times, and laughed and your prompt helped me get journaling and memory on paper! Thank you!
    [​IMG]

jenn mccabe, Juliestcyr and wvsandy like this.
  8. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

9. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Thank you for not making me add a tonne of journalling! Even writing this much was taxing for me. (I think it's because I have a job that involves a lot of writing. It just zaps it out of me or something) [​IMG]

jenn mccabe likes this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

@Juliestcyr Yes ... thought better not ask for any specific demands on how much journaling bc it is a WHOLE week of journaling ... I know some of you dread it! But the stories that are coming from these weekly journaling challenges are simply amazing ... I am learning so much about this digi family we have here. It's awesome. :beat

11. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOVE the challenge Jenn!!!!! Here is my page, I transcribed the journaling in the image description with the credits in case the font isn't easy to read :)

[​IMG]

jenn mccabe likes this.
  13. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think