"Split payment"?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by tjscraps, Apr 25, 2017.

1. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I'm going to guess that the answer is that it can't happen but thought it was worth asking lol I was issued an 'online only' mastercard for a recall on a toy, and it's in a really silly amount ($2.60) - when I try to pay for an order with it, of course it is declined because I'm spending more than that and want to use paypal for the rest. Is there any way to get this to work? I know it's not your problem, just curious (I would love to use it towards digi supplies lol)

2. tjscraps

Side note - I even thought I could just buy a gift certificate with it, but min. is $5 ... what a silly way to issue a recall! (I thought they'd send me a new toy)

3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Can you add the card to PayPal and then do the whole order amount on PayPal?

jesskab likes this.
  4. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

@tjscraps Well you could buy something for exactly $2.60 (or just under). Also, I don't know if you like amazon.com or not, but they'll let you get an e-gift card in any amount.

tjscraps likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I don't know the answer, but I wanted to come in- that is silly! Why not at least just send a check?

tjscraps likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've had rebate cards like that in the past and it's so annoying when it gets down to a small amount like that. I usually use it at the grocery store because they'll let you use two cards like that....

7. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I put leftover cash cards on my Amazon account. They will let you do any amount over $1 I think. There is a minimum but it's not much.

Karen likes this.
  8. tjscraps

Amazon is a good idea, I didn't think of that, and I didn't know you could do any amount. My first instinct is to spend it on digi stuff

They didn't send an actual card just an e-card, which when it's that amount is just silly. Bet they're hoping they don't get used and the money defaults back to them.

enjoyyourpix and Karen like this.
  9. tjscraps

I did actually sort the whole store by price to see if that would work There isn't much in that price range

10. keepscrappin

I always add my rebate cards to PayPal in addition to my regular card. Then I use the rebate card first and if the amount is over that balance, PayPal will take the rest out of my other card. Will it let you add it to PayPal? Then, you can use it for digi stuff.

jesskab likes this.
  11. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I do what Kayla said. All those prepaid visa gift cards go right into paypal.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

Really? Paypal will split payments? I searched on that a couple of times and always read it wasn't possible. So if I have a $15 purchase I want to make on Paypal, if i have a Visa debit card listed there with a $10 balance, Paypal will know what is left and put $10 on the debit card and will roll to my credit card for the balance automatically?

tjscraps likes this.
  13. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

bestcee and tjscraps like this.
  14. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Also, BYOC is coming up soon and the new items are usually sold around that price then. :)

tjscraps likes this.
  15. tjscraps

That's what I figured but thanks for the reply!! I figured out a workaround, since the card was in USD as well (and my Amazon is CAD) my sister put it on her account and transferred me money via paypal lol Now I can go shopping ... what a hassle!

Thanks for all the replies everyone!

enjoyyourpix, Karen and bestcee like this.
  16. keepscrappin

Now that I think of it, maybe you have to have money in a PayPal balance for it to work. I know I've done it before. I think you add funds so you have enough for the difference in PayPal. Add your card as default payment. Then checkout saying use the prepaid card first. Since the card doesn't have enough it will use the PayPal balance and then use the card. Once the card is used, I delete it from PayPal.

17. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Glad you found a solution! :)

tjscraps likes this.