June 2024 Book Club - One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh happy day! It's time for another batch of books to read together! We have another round of voting completed and we have another batch of great books to read together.

The book for June 2024 is One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin. Feel free to read our book club books in any order that you choose and when you've finished reading, come back here and tell us what you think. Please label spoilers. We have a new trick for hiding spoilers. Type whatever you want and then highlight the spoiler portion and click the + button above and select Spoiler. If that doesn't work (seems to be funky on Macs) just highlight your text and change the color to white >>>This is a super secret spoiler alert!<<< like I did right there.

Friendship stories are the best

[​IMG]

Just a note, anyone is welcome to join in with our book club reading at any time and join in the discussion! The more the merrier! :agree Happy reading!

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Oops, I’ll have to read something else in June. :agree
    I just finished this book, after picking it up from the library barely more than 24 hours ago. I didn’t even stay up past my bedtime. :P I love so much about this book, I think it’s one of the best I’ve ever read. I love the premise, I love the characters, I love how the stories unfold, and I love the surprises here and there. It made both laugh and cry.
    I wrote some thoughts about it in my journal so I will refer to that and participate in the discussion this summer as more people read it.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh yay! This makes me so excited to read this one!

4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

1000% agree! I listened to the audiobook & the two different narrators were SO GOOD. The last hour (not sure what chapters those would be...) I was ugly crying while doing laundry & house chores! Highly recommend the audio on this one!

michelepixels and Karen like this.
  5. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I read this book back in 2022 and remember enjoying the story!
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  6. .Alesen.

.Alesen. Active Member

7. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

8. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

He likes a good croak and dagger.

Karen and janedee like this.
  9. DigiGrace