File Too Large

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by pagefrocks, May 19, 2018.

1. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I'm creating a layout with the M3 Monthly kit and can't seem to get my layout below 1.3M in size? I use an action to resize and save for web, but after recreating the layout, opening and closing PS, it is still too large. I've tried taking the papers off to see if that is what is so large and have looked at each element I'm using to see if one is extra big, but I'm not seeing it . . . any other suggestions?

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When I have that issue, I'm lazy. I don't try to figure out the problem usually because I find most often it's user error! Like I forget to change from .psd to jpeg or change the dimensions to 600x600 or whatever.

Here's what I do: I "Stamp Visible". This works in PSE11, and PSE14 at minimum. And PSCC.
    The shortcut is ctrl+shift+alt+e. Then I pull that layer (Should be the top one) over to a new window and save for web. So far, that hasn't failed me. Whatever is causing the issue seems to go away when I do that.

Or, you could use "Save for Web" and bump down the quality until the file size is small enough.

londoncuppa and pagefrocks like this.
  3. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Ok that worked! Thank you!

bestcee and Karen like this.
  4. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

Lately, that happens to me occasionally but not with a particular kit. I just slide everything to a blank file and when I go through the saving process, the size is what it should be.

bestcee likes this.