mcurtt

2016-02_Feb-TLP-Art-Journal_Wishes-Box_web

2016-02_Feb-TLP-Art-Journal_Wishes-Box_web
mcurtt, Feb 17, 2016
Description:
Credits: Shadow box & wood burning style from Paula Kesselring, Other items from Etc by Danyale - Love out Loud, Pandemonium. Quirky Heart - M3 December 15. Valorie Wibbens - Welcome. Paislee - Welcome. Amy Wolff - Bubbles. Bella Gypsy - All Things New. Laurie Ann - Heart Song. Lynn Marie - Mixed Media, Tea Time, Party Girl. Nancy Rowe Janitz - Feb 2016 BYOC. Little Butterfly Wings - Welcome, M3 August 15, M3 November 2015, M3 December 2015, M3 January 2016. Just Jaime - Welcome. Sara Gleason - Welcome. Lynn Grieveson - First Light.

Journaling reads:
Funny how memories just sometimes are not meant to be forgotten. Over 50 years later and I still think about the things I didn’t get as a child. One year at Christmas time I begged my mother for a Barbie, the original issue Barbie. She didn’t want me to have a “mature” doll, so she refused. Aunt Cathy came to the rescue a year or so later, but my Barbie wasn’t the first version... And then there were the go go boots that all of the popular girls in school were wearing. But sorry to say, they were never to be mine. And I survived... Fast forward 30+ years, I am married & we love to vacation in Door County. We both dreamt of a house by the water, but the stipulation would be that we couldn’t see land on the other side. A perfect home was up for sale, but at the time, in the 1980’s it was $175,000 and we couldn’t afford it. Now the house is probably worth several million dollars. A missed opportunity. Lastly, I had always hoped for an early retirement, being able to quit work at least in my 50’s. Well, that number has come and gone and I am still a slave to my employer. Early retirement hasn’t happened and if it does, it will be only by a year or so. My hopes, my dreams, my wishes that never materialized, but I am a survivor in spite of them all.
MrsPeel, KarenB and Cath_ like this.
    • Tree City
      I love this idea for a page! And even if it wasn't the original one, I think your aunt was pretty cool to get you a Barbie! :) And I love how you represented each of the 4 "wants."
      mcurtt likes this.
    • dvhoward
      I love this!! So sorry for those missed opportunities, but like you said, you're a survivor! If you had gotten all of that, you could never have made this great layout!! Love how you wrapped the background paper around the side on the house section. And trust me, retirement when you get it is just as sweet, maybe even sweeter when you have to work so long to get there!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cath_
      my barbie looked like that. and i sure remember the twiggie boots. I went to door of a house i loved, and wanted to leave my number incase they sold...
      mcurtt likes this.
    • KarenB
      SOOOO interesting. I love how you put this together. Just inspired. Has got me thinking about missed opportunities in my life...... :)
      Cath_ and mcurtt like this.
    • redplaid3
      I like your upbeat attitude about what you didn't get. You obviously are a positive person. Thanks for revealing some of your life to us. It's nice to get to know each other better. You are always so kind to comment on my pieces!
      Cath_ and mcurtt like this.
    • kirstiegai
      wonderful journaling and box
      mcurtt likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      funny how everyone sees things ion a different way, because Linda @redplaid3 says she likes your upbeat attitude... I was going to come explain another way to see it as I thought you were sad...but that is the problem with the electronic communication typing, you can;t see the other person's features or their voice...and that makes up to a lot when subjects like this are in discussion.... but I would say you have a world of amazing things, you are very talented (LOVE this page!!!!!) ...and even though I too have many things that could have been but weren't and understand the feeling, I only find some peace when I started looking at life from the other side...the one which sees the things that I got, have or know will have.... the page is AMAZING love how you tackle the journaling, gorgeous shadows, amazing all together....once again you are one amazing scrapper!!!! [​IMG]
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Dalis
      OMG, I remember this challenge, this was one of mine w/ the boxes! Loved seeing those boxes!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • cinderella
      Wow! This page is both sad and optimistic at the same time. The quote on the bottom is so true...
      You are so talented. I love what you did with the inner sides of the boxes.
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Art Journaling
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Feb 17, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).